As a member of the Controllership Systems and Modernization team, you will:
- Partner with business teams to identify new business initiatives and understand requirements
- Design and partner with IT to implement system solutions based on requirements
- Execute all aspects of approved projects from ideation channels
- Submit and create projects to implement new technologies supporting data analytics, dashboarding, enhanced control environment, and take work out initiatives
- Implement new technologies to support data analytics, dashboarding, enhanced control environment, and take work out initiatives
- Lead migrations or transitions of old tools to new GM approved technologies
- Develop and present data solutions to other members of the organization
- Solve problems and develop new/enhanced control procedures to streamline existing business processes
- Understand data structure, data interfaces and how data flows from source systems to the consolidation system to the forecasting systems and apply knowledge to new solutions
- Recommend types of automations, analytics, and data processing approaches to be applied to meet business objectives
- Select the best technology for approved solutions (e.g., HFM, SAP, Power BI, KNIME, Data Visualization, Robotics Process Automation)
- Transition solutions to business resources for ongoing use, sustainment, and value realization
- Define Controllership reporting strategy and utilize new technologies for advancement
- Work with a high level of independent judgment and initiative, while being able to rapidly take on and assimilate work from existing team members when required
- Conduct trainings, present developed solutions and share best practices to the organization
- Lead team initiatives such as the Ambassador Program etc.
- Coach and assist modernization analysts; seek feedback on performance
- Participate in team engagement initiatives which promotes moments that matter
- Support the development of direct leaders by providing meaningful feedback
We are looking for the following education, competencies, and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, business administration, information systems, or equivalent experience
- Extensive years of relevant experience
- Experience with HFM, SAP, Power BI, KNIME, Power Tools, and/or Robotics Process Automation
- Ability to collaborate with business, IT, and data analysis resources to capture, prioritize and document solution requirements, and drive measurable results
- Ability to take a strategic, transformational point of view on the position
- Passion for innovation and automation
- Highly proficient Personal Computer skills and technology driven
- Willing to take on additional responsibilities, attend training, and learn new technical skills
- Complex problem solving and analytical abilities
- Intermediate communication and presentation skills
- Project Management experience is a plus
Important: Candidates must be willing to work hybrid, mid shift / flexible shift.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.