As a Member of the Team, You Will
- Collaborate globally and cross-functionally with various partners across different business functions to understand business processes
- Utilize your process improvement, system implementation, and project management skills to innovate, deliver solutions, and contribute to global transformation projects that impact the results of the company
- Develop a deep understanding of the business by facilitating workshops to capture business and IT partner objectives, pain-points, and opportunities, and translating them into world class processes and technology enablers
- Contribute to strategic decision making and creative problem solving in order to optimize the transition between current and future system states
- Ability to be a change agent, using influence, education and persuasion to build relationships and gain support for difficult changes
- Collaborate across workstreams to implement data standards and process improvements leveraging digital solutions
- Conduct iterative agile software configuration sessions to ensure that all key internal consumer organization business objectives are met
- Provide world-class support for various functions (Finance, Purchasing, Order Management etc.), including hyper-care activities and user access management for multiple systems, business partner support, and on-going reporting requirements sustaining multiple regions and functions
- Understand business requirements and acceptance criteria to perform a logical test to prove the functionality
- Create a comprehensive test plan to test all developed requirements in a sprint and to build on for an E2E test plan
- Design and maintain re-usable test cases and test strings to confirm new functionality for current and future testing
- Prepare and maintain validation evidence of test status through screen shots and test case progression
- Provide and maintain clear status in reporting during UAT for responsibility, escalation, and execution
- Develop user stories to document business requirements, prepare user acceptance test plans, and support technology deployments
- Develop and present training materials to a global audience
- Develop standardized reporting tools and dashboards to enhance the customer experience
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, IT or related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in business and process transformation, consulting, and project management
- Demonstrated experience leveraging Operational Excellence, Lean Management, Design Thinking, or other structured methodologies to implement process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, in an internal or external consulting role, with proven ability to effectively execute projects and deliver results
- Detail oriented, with strong business acumen, and experience in evaluating financial measurements and project results
- Significant expertise in SAP including understanding of configuration in any of the SAP modules; SD, MM, FI-CO (including Fixed Assets & Costing) and PS, is highly preferred.
- System implementation experience in one or more of the following is preferred - Finance & Accounting, Product Cost, Order to Delivery, Request to Pay, Invest to Divest.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following is highly preferred - Record-to-Report, Product Costing, Request-to-Pay, Order-to-Delivery or Invest-to-Divest processes
- Internal controls experience and knowledge is preferable.
- Experience with Agile / Scrum framework is preferable.
- Working level knowledge of Power BI and KNIME is preferable.
- Experience in managing end-to-end test cycles is preferable
- Experience in developing training manuals and conducting training is preferable.
- Affinity with technology and/or familiarity with analytics tools and techniques
- Highly motivated and willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Important: Must be willing to work on NIGHT SHIFT.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.