Forecast daily cash investment requirements for GM’s cash pooling entities
Oversight and execution of cash positioning transactions to appropriately fund various entities
Perform settlements for investments and other transactions
Execute Treasury wires to fund strategic alliances, acquisitions, and divestments
Maintain bank accounts and related documentation for various GM entities, including the update of Power of Attorney/authorized signers
Support issuance and monitoring of letters of credit
Oversee GM’s counterparty risk management procedures
Perform the Outside Discount Companies (ODC) credit review and quarterly compliance processes
Execute month-end interest reporting
Lead or support activities like audits, account reconciliations and tax validations.
Identify and manage process improvement projects.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in finance
· Extensive years of experience in corporate finance and treasury (preferred)
· Familiarity with basic accounting principles
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Ability to provide accurate, timely, and reliable reporting and controls
· Comfortable searching out and corrects inconsistent data; finds and fixes root cause of inconsistencies; understands the drivers
· Strong analytical and organizational abilities
· Critical thinking and inquisitive mind
· Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork and partnerships
· Business acumen (a businessperson first, an operating mindset)
· Able to embrace, manage, and lead change with the workgroups(s)
· Ability to prioritize assignments / projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints (fast / responsive)
· Ability to deal with ambiguity
· Strong oral and written communication skills:
o Effective communications up/down/across the organization
o Ability to structure presentations in straightforward, efficient manner.
o Effective business writer; able to provide a short synopsis and recommendation
Important Note: This position is for NIGHT SHIFT.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.