On-site: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis
The Health Center Nurse is responsible for providing emergency care, first aid and episodic treatment of occupational injuries and illnesses within standing orders. This position works toward the prevention of illness & injury, protection from work related and environmental hazards, and promotion and restoration of health. Individual will maintain accurate medical records related to legal, regulatory and reporting requirements. Motivated to work independently.
What You'll Do:
- Administers professional nursing care to sick and/or injured employees
- Performs and evaluates various clinical and diagnostic tests
- Assists plant physician in minor surgical procedures
- Interviews and documents medical history of employees
- Works effectively with the Health Services team and other departments
- Maintains appropriate medical records to ensure quality and accuracy
- Performs and documents physical exams
- Adheres to common practices and procedures throughout the department
- Maintains equipment and supplies
- Assists with the promotion of plant wellness programs
- Works with health services customers in a knowledgeable and professional manner
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications):
- RN Diploma/Associate degree required, BSN or BS preferred
- Valid state nursing license required
- 4+ years Nursing experience
- Certified in Healthcare Provider CPR/AED
- Proficient with electronic medical records and basic computer programs/software
What Can Give You a Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications):
- ER or Occupational Health experience preferred
- Certification as Occupational Health Nursing (COHN) or Occupational Health Nursing Specialist (COHN-S) preferred
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.