This is a Hybrid position within BrightDrop. The role will allow employees to work remotely, but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to live within a commutable distance to the innovation center they are selected for. Relocation assistance is provided for candidates that meet the relocation requirements.
At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to the Trace and software that demonstrates real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce.
To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future. From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and meticulous thinking to deliver a better future for generations to come.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live! We currently have rare opportunities to join a fast-growing team in early stages of design, and to have a real impact on the products, technologies and work processes.
The selected candidate will be invited to join one of the following groups within BrightDrop’s Electrical Engineering Team:
- Battery and Power Management – Low voltage DC power management
- Motion Control
- Sensor and Sensor Fusion
- Computation Hardware
- Wireless and Communications
Senior Electrical Engineers to own and lead design and development of electronic sub-systems and modules, such as communications, processing, sensory, propulsion, power, etc.
Would you like to have a meaningful impact on the product and on the technology behind it? Do you know how to make things better, and have the passion and drive to go for it? Are you hoping for an engineering playground where you can ignite your creativity? If so, we’re looking for YOU!
- Design and develop electronic subsystems, modules and custom PCBs where needed. Fully own all development cycle from concept and evaluation through design, layout, simulation, testing, bring up and integrations to release and production readiness
- Contribute to the electrical and system architecture and specifications. Define and drive processes, methods and tools as needed
- Closely work and align with engineering, testing, and manufacturing teams and partners in development and integration of your designs into coherent sub-systems
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or other closely related field
- 7+ years of experience designing various electronic modules and systems, and 5+ years of experience designing custom PCBs, with digital and mixed-signal circuits, embedded preferred (Altium or similar)
- Experience with joint electrical and firmware development, bring up, integrations, and troubleshooting, as well as DfX (manufacturability, testability, serviceability, cost, etc.)
- Strong electrical foundations: power, analog and digital signals and circuit understanding, common communications, power & signal integrity, EMI/ESD, grounding, shielding
- Hands-on approach and experience, can-do attitude, active and driven, with strong sense of ownership. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ambiguity, and frequently changing requirements
- Independent, can define and maintain schedule, prioritize tasks, actively pursue input from others, get things done
- Experience with embedded SW, FW, or logic design
- Experience with motion or robotics control and communications
- Experience with DC power management and distribution design, including battery, charging, etc.
- Experience with peripheral HW such as cameras, sensors, actuators, switches, etc.
- Familiarity with system engineering concepts, considerations, methods, and tools
- Familiarity with manufacturing process, and with electronic certifications and regulations
Compensation: The compensation information is a good faith estimate only. It is based on what a successful applicant in the California Bay Area which includes the following counties: Marin, Contra Costa, San Francisco, Alameda, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz might be paid in accordance with the California law. The compensation may not be representative for positions located outside of the California Bay Area.
The salary compensation range for this role: $146,910 - 216,910
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance. Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.