About GM Energy
Are you passionate about being a part of a start-up that will transform General Motors? Are you interested in entering the fastest growing industry, Energy & Power?
GM’s energy team was launched in 2021 and is rapidly growing. We recently introduced two product lines - Ultium Home and Ultium Commercial, which in combination with the existing Ultium Charge 360 platform, create a holistic ecosystem of energy management products and services. This team envisions a world with no grid outages, fully renewable energy, and decentralized energy resources. GM’s resources, reach, and all-EV future can deliver that future. This disruption is backed by the bold GM vision of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion.
Visit this site to learn more about GM Energy - https://gmenergy.gm.com/ultium-products
Summary of Responsibilities
We are seeking to hire the Head of Commercial Energy Assets who will be fully responsible for GM Energy’s Commercial Assets business unit including owning the growth strategy and P/L responsibility. The incumbent is responsible for the delivery of product line strategy and projects, and providing leadership oversight for optimization of business operations, sales, customer engagement and contracting of battery and energy storage system solutions for commercial customers globally.
This is a leadership position reporting to the Head of Energy Assets.
Objectives and Key Deliverables
Lead Commercial Energy Assets and Commercial charging products
- End-to-end responsibility for the profitability, strategy and revenue generation of Commercial Energy Assets and Commercial charging products business unit
- Customer-focused, creative, collaborative, and dynamic aspiring to thrive in GM Energy’s fast-paced, and demanding work environment loaded with competing priorities and deadlines
- Manage a dynamic commercial assets product and sales team and liaise cross-functionally to influence and manage the Business Operations and Business Strategy Energy Assets teams
- Collaborate extensively across functions within GM Automotive - purchasing, engineering, quality, logistics, planning, sales, marketing, finance, and corporate development
- Develop business pipeline by deploying deep knowledge and experience in stationary energy storage, engineering system design and large-scale product commercialization
- Lead teams in investigating opportunities to leverage core GM battery technology, and bring technical know-how to support the execution of new products to grow GM Energy’s market penetration in existing and new growth areas and diversifying portfolio
- Work closely with other GM leaders to ensure integration of Commercial Energy projects with broader energy efforts throughout GM
- Build out the product team and set short- and long-term goals with executive teams
- Technical and commercial contract negotiations to deploy leading edge energy storage solutions from concept through commercial deployment
- Deploy business acumen to preempt problems and identify options to overcome hurdles
- Provide battery energy storage system expertise and key industry knowledge regarding potential market opportunities and customer needs
- Connect with key industry players and support the development of key partnerships (including PV, Utility scale power generation, and commercial energy storage).
- Support the evaluation and development of product concepts and high-level design for battery systems intended to be used in stationary energy storage
- Support the development of system, component, and sub-component specifications for the various elements of an energy storage systems including functional, performance, and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners (i.e., battery cell/module/rack suppliers) to evaluate product solutions to ensure efficient, safe, and reliable designs.
- Expert commercial product management experience and knowledge to provide guidance in assessing, mitigating, and managing product opportunities and risks
- Responsible for understanding and collating voices of customer’s requirements
- Development of agile and bespoke solutions and service offerings to meet commercial customers’ needs and to support the sales teams in closing sales leads
- Ensure the availability of appropriate product specialists and development teams to support customers throughout the customer journey
- Ensure seamless integration of energy storage system with existing customer commercial infrastructure on premise
Required Skills / Experience / Education:
- 10+ years of previous experience in the energy industry, with emphasis on commercial energy storage projects
- 5+ years of previous experience managing customer engagement and relationships, including demonstration of a customer service mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering, supply chain, or construction field required
- Master’s degree in a relevant business field strongly preferred
- Demonstrated high level of strategic agility and desire to work in a complex and evolving environment and an innovation mindset
- Prior experience leading a growing team
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills required to effectively collaborate, motivate, and facilitate others in group situations
- Comfort working in a fast-paced start-up technology environment is essential
- Previous experience publicly speaking and presenting at high profile industry events
- Interpersonal savvy and influencing skills to deliver results in a matrix organization
- Leadership skills to build winning teams
- Advocate and champion GM corporate values by leading by example
- Strive for excellence to understand and apply best-in-class practices
- Leverages expertise and speaks up to implement effective solutions
- Prioritizes customers to ensure satisfaction with all product and service offerings
- Designs and executes simplified and unique ideas
- Effective coach and mentor for team members and shaping them into future thought leaders
Please only apply if you DO NOT need sponsorship to work in the Unites States now or in the future. We are unable to consider candidates who require sponsorship .
Compensation : The expected base compensation for this role is: ( 167,039.64 - 255,845.40 USD Annual ). Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
Bonus Potential : An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits : GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.