This is a Hybrid position within GM Energy. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
About the Global Digital EV Commerce and Energy team at General Motors -
Digital EV Commerce and Energy software engineers are responsible for ideating, incubating, and delivering new technology for General Motors related to electric vehicles and energy related product offerings. Our team includes best-in-industry engineers, product owners, and designers who have an ambition to move at lightning speed, deliver world-class software, and deliver high-quality,
About the Full Stack Senior Software Engineer -
The Digital EV Commerce and Energy Full Stack Senior Software Engineer is responsible for new and innovative software development and design elegant and professional code, writing maintainable unit and integration tests (including in memory, mocked tests, and actual integrations). Our engineers work in a highly collaborative environment working across many disciplines. We regularly work on cutting edge technologies – understanding and inventing new designs and integration patterns along the way. Our engineers must…
- Quickly design, develop, and deliver new code using a variety of tools, languages, frameworks, and technologies
- Demonstrate mastery of many programming languages, tools and/or technologies
- Estimate and design work that is just-in-time and sized in small increments
- Perform root cause analysis, do technology evaluations, and develop quick prototypes
- Commit to completing well-defined, secure, and elegant work while delivering on their commitments
- Report status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Provide guidance and mentoring of fellow software developers and other team members
- Hold themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and builds a winning culture.
Prospective team members possess a high degree of business insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, the ability to negotiate, the ability to develop strong peer relationships, and a strong technical learning capability and focus.
- Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review
- Over 7 years of software development experience in Python and hands on experience with Azure
- Over 5 years of software development experience in HTML, ReactJS, and Angular following accessibility standards (meeting WCAG Level AA standards), semantic markup, structured CSS (BEM/OOCSS/etc), browser compatibility standards, and developed with progressive enhancement and graceful degradation as requirements
- Expertise in SQL (relational databases) like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, key-value datastores, and document stores
- Expertise in end-to-end applications hosted on Kubernetes with a focus on scalability, high availability, and fault tolerance
- Experience in container-driven development using Docker, Containerd, etc.
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in frontend and backend work
- Proven experience adhering to standard security models and building security-driven apps
- Proven experience diagnosing issues from browser to infrastructure to network to database and all the way back
- Over 5 years software development utilizing industry standard design patterns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Experience using Git source control doing rebases, merges, and handling merge conflicts
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues
- Strong teamwork focus (live by the team, die by the team) and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- Strong preference for experience working in the energy industry or energy-related sectors
- Experience building cloud-hosted applications using Azure, AWS, GCP or equivalent strongly preferred
- Over 2 years developing 12 factor apps including designing and implementing Continuous Integration, Build, and Delivery
- Over 3 years utilizing platform and infrastructure as a service technologies and capabilities and their corresponding services (object store, config management, service registries, etc.)
- Experience integrating with COTS products, such as Akamai, API gateways, Hashicorp Vault, etc.)
- Capable of functioning as a solution architect when needed
- Experience with Azure DevOps for source control management, backlog and CI/CD
- Experience with Jfrog Artifactory or equivalent container registry/binary store
- Six Sigma or equivalent business process improvement certification
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.