At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
What you get to do in this role :
- Build, maintain and improve reliability monitoring infrastructure
- Participate in on-call engineering duty to support production.
- Build tooling and run books
- Perform initial incident root cause analysis
- Carryout incident postmortem.
- Actively participate in technical discussions and deep dives with Architectural group
- 3+ years of hands-on SRE experience with at least one of the public cloud providers – Azure(preferred), AWS, GCP
- Experience operating high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed software in production: Building monitoring, defining alerts, writing run books, tweaking dashboards etc.
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregation frameworks, such as Data Dog(preferred), Splunk, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash.
- Strong CS fundamentals, including OO concepts, data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Skills working with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef or Ansible
- Experience troubleshooting JVM based applications
- Experience with shell, Python, Java
- CI/CD automation frameworks knowledge - Jenkins/Bamboo/Azure DevOps
- Strong understanding of network security (TLS, SAML, PKI, VPN, Firewalls)
- Deep understanding of Git and source control management tools, such as Bitbucket, GitHub
- Experience with IoT stack is a big plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering preferred
The expected base compensation for this role is: ($146,910 - $216,910 USD Annual). Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.