In our pursuit to create a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, GM’s global manufacturing engineering team is challenging the limits on what is possible and embracing agility as it reimagines how to build the next generation of vehicles. Our diverse team of manufacturing engineers play a crucial role in transforming our facilities through implementing the adoption of ground-breaking technologies. From raw sheet metal to final assembly, this team is reinventing the tools and processes that will enable GM to deliver on our promise to create an all-electric future.
The automotive industry is likely to change more in the next 5 years than it has in the last 50, and we are at the heart of that change. Our team is responsible for the installation, debug, and launch of the manufacturing systems producing batteries to power the automobiles of tomorrow. If you are innovative, creative, enjoy working with the latest technologies, and thrive in a fast-paced, team-orientated environment, here is your chance to make a career of it.
GM’s Spring Hill Battery RESS team is looking for experienced controls and automation engineers to help lead GM toward an all-electric future. The selected candidate will work at our manufacturing facility in Spring Hill Tennessee. Initially, through the early stages of launch, the candidate will be supporting equipment install and start-up that may require weekly travel to other startup facilities and OEM locations in North America. Estimated travel is 2.5 weeks/month in 2023. After PPAP this position transfers to the focused factory Controls Engineer at Spring Hill Tennessee.
JOB DESCRIPTION / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The selected candidate will be responsible for the Controls Implementation of the BEV3 Battery Program @ Spring Hill Battery Assembly. This includes installation, debug, runoff, and PPAP of equipment to manufacture Lithium-Ion Batteries. Work is performed in a team environment, consisting of daily interactions with product engineering, plant engineering, process, maintenance, operations, and a multitude of others, to successfully launch this new product. Work will be performed in a plant environment where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment. Responsibilities include:
- Controls Implementation of the BEV3 Battery Program for Spring Hill Battery Assembly in Spring Hill, TN.
- Provide input to Equipment / System Design
- Participate in safety g-Risk activities with cross functional group
- Participate in approval of controls drawings, build reviews, and conducts controls run-offs at OEM site
- Collaboration with the Operations Team on Program Deliverables
- Procedure development for operator station fault resets.
- Plant Equipment Install / Debug / Launch / Continuous Improvement
- Providing technical direction to and oversight of outside vendors
- Assist in project management with the Battery Assembly Project Controls Execution team
- Actively participate in the SCRUM / Agile Process to accomplish daily tasks and meet the project deliverables.
- Participate in the Launch wall meetings
- Participates in equipment installation board and review weekly/daily with OEM and contractors
- Supports plant floor equipment installation, tracking and countermeasures
- Participate in lessons learned gathering activity and feedback with the central process teams
- Assists in closure of all controls open issues for Launch Deliverables
- Transitions from launch support to focus factory support as production is ramped up
- Must be willing to work off shifts and extended hours from time to time
- Demonstrated level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex projects with a high level of autonomy and accountability for results.
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- ME assignments with successful individual achievements or strong team-based achievements.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn and apply agile methodologies throughout project
- Effectively deals with ambiguity and copes with change
- Experience in troubleshooting equipment
- Stays abreast of new automation controls technology
- 3+ years industry experience as an automation controls engineer
- Strong technical knowledge of robotics/automation systems and the ability to apply these concepts within a manufacturing environment
- Experience in teaching Robot Paths and programming
- Knowledge of servo motors, motion control and drives
- Ability to design and trouble shoot electrical controls system.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation PLC’s and HMI's including FactoryTalk View and RS Logix Ethernet communications protocols, experience with Siemens WinCC and TIA Portal
- Demonstrated understanding of plant floor work
- GM Global Common Controls Architecture
- Understanding of Global Manufacturing Systems (GMS) and all manufacturing engineering disciplines
- Understanding of GMIT manufacturing IT systems
- Fanuc Robot programming experience including knowledge of robotic simulation and DCS implementation
- Machine Vision system experience
- Safety controls systems experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering or BS in Mechatronics or equivalent controls experience.
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.