An Industrial Toolmaker Journeyperson includes ambitious millwrights, machinists, and toolmakers. You will work under minimal supervision with a high level of independent judgement and problem solving. You should be flexible enough to take on and tackle multiple job assignments in a shift.
Preferred Experience Includes:
- Experience with planned maintenance systems and predictive technologies
- Experience with machine tool setup, fabrication, and repair
- Experience with precision measuring tools
- Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
- Troubleshoot, maintain, dismantle, repair, and replace mechanical components (e. g. bearings, seals, details, carriers, etc.) on industrial machinery such as shafting, chucks, fixtures, couplings, linkages, high speed CNC spindles.
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes
- Plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools or assemblies using blueprints, sketches, or models
- Determine quality of finished products, ensuring defect-free parts, by verifying dimensions, alignment, and clearances for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
- Use various hand or power tools for measuring, cutting, threading, and grinding mechanical details.
- Read and interpret blueprints for the mechanical operation and assembly of fixtures and work components
- Operate mobile equipment (e.g. vertical lifts, cranes)
- Determine loading requirements to rig equipment and material for lifting
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- At least six (6) years of related experience in a Mechanical trade (millwright, pipefitter, toolmaker, machine repair) or a U.S. Department of Labor Certificate of Completion in a Mechanical trade (millwright, pipefitter, toolmaker, machine repair).
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includes comprehensive assessments, drug testing, and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shifts as well as overtime hours daily, weekend and holidays on those shifts with little notice
- GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU NEED OR WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP TO WORK OR TO REMAIN EMPLOYED AT GM (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.).
- If you are a current GM employee operating under a collective bargaining agreement, please contact your local HR/LR for employee placement opportunities.
- This position may be filled with a Journeyperson or Journeyperson In Training, the compensation ranges for a JIT include ($31.01-$35.96) or Journeyperson rate of $36.85. Certificates/credentials and scoring in interview will determine your status and pay.
General Motors UAW hourly employment offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package. An annual incentive payout is also available, as qualified.
Relocation and travel expenses will be the responsibility of the applicant.
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.