Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be on-site mont hly and to be available for travel to complete external site visits if needed as part of ESG due diligence process.
As a leader, you will provide technical guidance to the team for successful execution of commercial and operational readiness strategies for EV critical minerals .
You will collaborate with the critical materials sourcing team and cross-functional center of excellence to ensure the execution of a viable supply chain footprint that is optimized for economic value, scale, supply security, sustainability, ethics and resilience
You will take lead on the development of new processes, standards, or operational plans which relate to responsible sourcing strategies for EV minerals. This position also provides support for the organization's business strategies with a direct impact on business and function overall results.
- Work closely with diverse internal and external partners to build and maintain an in-depth understanding of the risks and opportunities as they relate to the environmental, social and ethical impact of our mining and mineral processing footprint
- Define and document the operational management of ESG conformance in the supply chain required inside GM, at GM’s cell plants, at GM’s Cathode Active Materials Tier 1 suppliers, Anode Active Materials Tier 1 suppliers and at all sub-tiers under these suppliers up to and including all downstream supply sources down to mine level, regardless of GM contracted or Tier 1 supplier contracted
- Collaborate with GM Sustainable Workplaces and Sustainable Purchasing teams to design and implement the organizational capacity, stakeholder network and knowledge strategy to effectuate responsible minerals supply chains
- Develop and lead great relationships with key stakeholders including all GM cell partners and plants
- Lead and respond to critical supply chain ESG issues
- Provide pro-active communication on issues that can impact GM’s responsible supply chain
- Collaborate with the sourcing team to execute on protection of supply and contingency plans and support ESG due diligence process on new sourcing opportunities
A minimum of 7+ years mining, environmental resources, responsible sourcing or related experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Mining Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management, or related field required
Strong communication skills working with internal and external stakeholders
Knowledge of ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) responsible mineral sourcing and mining standards
Direct experience working with human rights, GHG emissions, CO2, water, deforestation, artisanal and large-scale mining (ASM, LSM), and/or traceability
Experience with mining, refining, smelting, and/or battery component and cell manufacturing required
Previous experience defining and implementing sourcing plans
Ability to collaborate cross functionally with a large customer population (Purchasing SMTs, Engineering, Logistics, Finance, Customs, Legal, Supplier)
Background in chemical process operations would be considered highly desirable
Strong cross-functional collaboration, ability to navigate ambiguity to complete tangible solutions
Presentation experience with Executive partner
Global approach and awareness
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.