About the Domain Lead Engineer – Viewing & Visibility Features:
GM is undergoing a major transformation, both in how we operate and in how we will influence the future of mobility. The Domain Lead Engineer position will put you at the forefront of this transformation through your work integrating software feature set and controls at a bench/vehicle level on new vehicle programs in China. As a lead engineer, you will be responsible for developing and integrating new software feature sets into GM vehicles. You will utilize virtual testing, bench testing, & vehicle testing to ensure that critical and complex features are properly developed and integrated into GM’s premium import vehicles throughout major milestones. This position requires a deep understanding of engineering concepts as they apply to systems integration and will include problem solving and a high degree of interaction with other engineering groups. This position will push your creativity and teamwork skills as there is no “standard work” for the unexpected.
This Is What You Will Do:
- Create, maintain integration plans for features with-in Viewing & Visibility domain for multiple projects for different Vehicle Intelligence Platform programs.
- Build, maintain and manage test environments (Benches/Vehicles) needed for manual and automated runs.
- Lead and train new engineers on the team and assign tasks with-in the domain
- Help drive decisions about strategies, collaborate across dev & validation organizations.
- Execute feature integration/verification plans on benches and vehicles.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize verification execution for various milestones.
- Identify, analyze, root cause defects, and assist with resolving issues throughout vehicle development process
- Provide validation ready integrated solutions by 80% milestone to enable intensive testing from validation teams.
Major responsibilities include the following activities:
- Own integration of software features/functions across multiple ECUs in Viewing & Visibility domain including features like connected cameras
- Verify operation of features/functions on ECU/module interfaces such as CAN, Ethernet, LIN
- Identify, troubleshoot, & resolve software integration issues found throughout the vehicle development cycle
- Acquire and analyze data logs for root cause identification of complex software/system issues
- Work with release, supplier teams to develop, test and integrate software
- Conduct workshops for feature/interface development issues and document appropriately to a specific module owner
- Develop custom SW/HW tools as needed to improve work efficiency and results
- Develop and execute feature verification plan for complex features with collaboration from feature/system owners
- Ensure issue resolution was performed timely and properly, own and drive issues to closure
- Travels as required
Required Skills / Experience:
- Candidate must have completed Bachelor of Science with STEM focus
- Experience with Vehicle Intelligence Platform electrical architecture and serial data
- Experience troubleshooting distributed control systems
- Understanding of embedded software development, testing and associated tools
- Operating systems experience with one or more of the following: QNX, Linux, Android.
- Experience working with component, feature, sub-system & system specifications to develop a feature
- Proactive / results driven individual with high levels of initiative to work with multiple organizations to solve integration issues
- Able to deal with high level of ambiguity
- High level analytical ability to resolve unusual and complex problems
- Demonstrated hands-on integration or development experience with automotive electrical interfaces
- Proven track record & drive to do hands-on work such as ECU flashing, vehicle updates, component removal/installation
- Working knowledge of Vehicle Development Process
- 2 years of post-graduation engineering experience required; 5+ years preferred
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with automotive electrical interfaces like CAN, LIN, Ethernet, LVDS, I2C
- Solid understanding of in-vehicle communication and instrumentation tools such as Vehicle SPY, Rad Galaxy or vector tools
- Experience working with visibility interfaces and camera system interfaces for automotive cameras or smart phone cameras
- Experience working on problem solving through software application/tools development
- Strong understanding of embedded software and controls
- Familiarity working with automation and advanced automation tools
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks under high-pressure
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.