General Motors has needs for qualified Die Maker Journeypersons. Working under minimal supervision, the skilled trades Die Maker Journeyperson is responsible for building, repairing, remodeling, and maintaining all types of dies using various types of material.
Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
Fabricate and/or repair dies for production, including performing required welding operations
Read blueprints to perform die repair/fabrication
Perform die repair, using mills, lathes and grinders as well as hand tools
Make in-press repairs of dies/tooling
Die tryout duties as required
Utilize measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, to repair/fabricate dies
Drive a hi-lo and/or operate overhead crane to transport dies as well as other heavy equipment
Document and record various data for the department
Basic computer skills
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- At least six (6) years of related experience in a Mechanical trade (millwright, pipefitter, toolmaker, machine repair) or a U.S. Department of Labor Certificate of Completion in a Mechanical trade (millwright, pipefitter, toolmaker, machine repair).
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includes comprehensive assessments, drug testing, and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shifts as well as overtime hours daily, weekend and holidays on those shifts with little notice
- GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU NEED OR WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP TO WORK OR TO REMAIN EMPLOYED AT GM (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.).
- If you are a current GM employee operating under a collective bargaining agreement, please contact your local HR/LR for employee placement opportunities.
This position may be filled with a Journeyperson or Journeyperson In Training, the compensation ranges for a JIT include ($31.64-$35.57) or Journeyperson rate of $36.48. Certificates/credentials and scoring in interview will determine your status and pay.
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.