General Motors has a need for qualified Mechanical Journeypersons (millright.) You will work under minimal supervision with a high level of independent judgement and problem solving. You should be flexible enough to take on and tackle multiple job assignments in a shift.
Preferred Experience Includes:
- Experience with planned maintenance systems and predictive technologies
- Experience with industrial robotics, automation, and conveyance systems
- Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
- Maintain, dismantle, repair, and replace mechanical and hydraulic components (e. g. bearings, seals, details, carriers, etc.) on industrial machinery such as shafting, motors, generators, air compressors, engines, pumps, cylinders, gears, couplings, linkages, ball screws, high speed CNC spindles, coolant systems and filters, and combustion equipment and valves
- Layout, assemble, fabricate, maintain, and repair piping systems
- Use various hand or power tools for measuring, cutting, threading, grooving, bending, soldering, assembling, joining, and installing pipes, valves, and fittings
- Read and interpret blueprints for the mechanical operation and assembly of conveyor systems, material handling systems, robots, and other automation
- Operate mobile equipment (e.g. forklifts, vertical lifts, cranes)
- Determine loading requirements to rig equipment and material for lifting
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes
- Fabricate punches, tools, steel rule tools and t-sets to exact specifications
- Plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools or assemblies using blueprints, sketches, or models
- Determine quality of finished products, ensuring defect-free parts, by verifying dimensions, alignment, and clearances for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- At least six (6) years of related experience in a Mechanical trade (millwright, pipefitter, toolmaker, machine repair) or a U.S. Department of Labor Certificate of Completion in a Mechanical trade (millwright, pipefitter, toolmaker, machine repair).
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includes comprehensive assessments, drug testing, and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shifts as well as overtime hours daily, weekend and holidays on those shifts with little notice
- GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU NEED OR WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP TO WORK OR TO REMAIN EMPLOYED AT GM (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.).
- If you are a current GM employee operating under a collective bargaining agreement, please contact your local HR/LR for employee placement opportunities.
- This position may be filled with a Journeyperson or Journeyperson In Training, the compensation ranges for a JIT include ($31.01-$35.57) or Journeyperson rate of $36.69. Certificates/credentials and scoring in interview will determine your status and pay.
General Motors UAW hourly employment offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package. An annual incentive payout is also available, as qualified.
Relocation and travel expenses will be the responsibility of the applicant.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
GM is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. GM is committed to providing a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and advancing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, all practices and decisions relating to terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment are made without regard to an individual's protected characteristics. For purposes of this policy, “protected characteristics" include an individual's actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, weight, height, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.