This is a Hybrid position within our ETS Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) organization, that provides foundational technology platforms and services to enable innovation throughout GM IT, is pursuing a High Performance Computing (HPC) Platform Engineer to support a complex storage environment. The HPC team is a dynamic and fast paced group of professionals that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure and solutions enabling GM to design and build the next generation of electric and other vehicles, driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
Candidates possess an understanding of functionality for multiple supported products and/or applications and of the practical business processes customers use when implementing the supported products. They should possess in-depth knowledge of High Performance Compute (HPC) architecture and infrastructure for client middle tier and server software and hardware, along with peripheral products. The ideal candidate will provide technical and business support to customers, demonstrating exceptional accuracy and proficiency in problem identification and diagnosis, even in highly complex situations. They will also have the ability to assess the impact and severity of an issue on the customer base (e.g., isolated vs. global issue). In addition, they will exercise independent judgment in escalating more complex problems and interpreting software and operating system logs/traces to identify issues. Furthermore, they should be capable of mentoring and guiding less experienced team members in fundamental procedures. Additionally, you'll be responsible for:
- Responsible for supporting the delivery, quality and efficiency of various team initiatives
- Work with other employees to enhance their analysis skills and deliverables
- Focus on data analysis and data manipulation to assess the state of all internal processes
- Partner with leadership on internal teams to document and improve internal processes via ongoing testing
- Participate and report on the ongoing investigation of issues
- Ensuring IT standards are met, production readiness processes are followed and a quality system product is delivered and turned over to Production Support personnel
- The role may also be called upon for escalation of real-time incidents. Responsibilities include advising junior staff in appropriate steps to diagnose, repair or remediate issues with systems in the assigned
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors
- Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture
Experience with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
Creativity and Innovation
Must possess excellent planning and organizing skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
Knowledgeable of Technology and Systems
Attention to detail
Experience with triage or analysis of situations for production support
Effective participant of requirements gathering and requirement analysis
Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
Requires interaction with Senior Level Solutions Architects and Executive Level Management
Familiarity with Enterprise level Monitoring and Performance analysis tools
Comfortable working under pressure and delivering to extremely dynamic schedules
Ability to quickly design alternative solutions to meet Customers’ needs
Experience with working problems of significant scope/scale where analysis of situations or data requires review of a variety of factorsHistory of on time delivery with supervision
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years of experience in IT field
Experienced with developing and delivering large scale technical solutions
Able to create documentation, technical diagrams, and system architectures
5 years experience with integrating Linux Operating Systems (SUSE, RHEL, Ubuntu) with multiple SAN and NAS storage technologies
Strong Linux/Unix CLI skillset, including BASH scripting
IBM GPFS and DDN Storage systems administration experience
Proficient in storage protocols like NFS, CIFS, Samba
Familiarity with InfiniBand operation and troubleshooting including RDMA (bonus)
Familiarity with Linux Cluster Management and Provisioning (xCAT, Chef, Foreman, Ansible), with high volumes (1000s) of servers
- Experience with working problems of significant scope/scale where analysis of situations or data requires review of a variety of factors
- Experience with triage or analysis of situations for production support
- History of on time delivery with supervision
- Effective participant of requirements gathering and requirement analysis
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Requires interaction with Senior Level Solutions Architects and Executive Level Management
- Experienced with developing and delivering large scale technical solutions
Work within a 24x7x365 environment and flexible with schedule including the ability to work an on call rotation.
Must be legally authorized to work in the target location for any employer without sponsorship
Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
Reliable, punctual attendance is essential function of the position
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.