Customer Care and Aftersales – Warehouse Operator – Full Time
Warehouse Operators are hardworking and ambitious workers who are responsible for picking, packaging, staging, and shipping parts from a General Motors LLC warehouse containing automotive parts. Operators are also loading, unloading, stocking, and maintaining the warehouse inventory. Each team member operates within a warehouse team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
- Starting wage is $17.00 per hour.
- Currently hiring for 2nd shift which includes a 5% shift premium.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes the following benefits:
- Paid and non-paid time off is granted after working (120) days
- Paid holidays after 90 days worked
- Healthcare after 90 days of active employment
- GM employee pricing discount authorizations available annually.
- Part-time temporary employees will be considered for full-time temporary employee positions based on length of service
Perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the essential knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Additional or different requirements may exist in this role.
- Understand, support, and complete all work in safe manner and contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority.
- Use and operate warehouse equipment such as order selector, sit down/stand up forklifts in connection with the receipt, storage, and shipping of parts. These vehicles could operate at heights of up to 35 feet.
- Package finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, and labeling).
- Stage parts of loading.
- Load finished products onto truck and/or railcar.
- Move parts to warehouse for storage.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence.
- Read, comprehend, and follow written, standardized work instructions and trained procedures.
- Work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Learn new tasks and adapt to frequent job duty changes as required by business and personnel demands.
- Complete tasks within designated timeframes to meet operational expectations.
- Work in a dynamic and fast-paced warehousing plant environment.
- Regularly report for work on time to support startup and throughput goals.
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Specific physical requirements of the position include the ability to:
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Operate machines, equipment, and tools, and perform quality checks.
- Promptly detect and respond to safety instructions, alarms, and signals.
- Wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and appropriate shoes.
- Work in a loud warehousing environment.
- Frequently and repetitively:
- Bend, twist, kneel, crouch and reach to perform work.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds and periodically carry or lift materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally sit, climb stairs, and drive vehicles and equipment.
Additional Job Description
- These are permanent positions working as a direct employee of General Motors LLC
- Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available with little notice.
- Weekend and holiday shifts are regularly expected, but not continuously.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU NEED OR WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP TO WORK OR TO REMAIN EMPLOYED AT GM (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.).
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications :
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which include drug testing and a background check.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- English proficiency to listen, read, and follow work and safety instructions.
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice.
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.