- Draft disclosure language, such as management discussion and analysis (MD&A) disclosures and footnotes and maintain records to support the filing of 10-K and 10-Q forms with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Analyze proposed changes to draft filing documents for compliance with U.S. SEC disclosure requirements, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) standards and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), evaluating and documenting the completeness and sufficiency across GM’s disclosures for compliance therewith.
- Gather and evaluate submissions from process owners for inclusion in disclosures and for compliance with U.S. GAAP and FASB requirements.
- File relevant documents with the U.S. SEC in adherence to prescribed U.S. SEC regulations and guidelines.
- Investigate and correct inconsistent accounting data, identifying and resolving the root causes of reporting inconsistencies.
- Recommend continuing process and internal accounting control improvements.
- Interact with global GM Controllership colleagues and review working papers to ensure that all regulatory requirements for filings are met.
- Monthly Controllers call and regional month end close related communications including closing calendar and new or updated accounting guidance
- Edit check reporting and financial statement footnotes
- Liaison with BU Controllers, Global Technical Accounting and Corporate close and consolidation teams as needed
- Prepare GMIO’s Corporate Journal Entries (CJEs)
- Identify, interpret, and analyze potential accounting risks and issues
- Partner with Finance to determine accounting implications of transactions and perform analytical analyses to utilize when making all material business decisions
- Prepare financial analysis on monthly results and special transactions
- Assist with internal and external financial reporting - including analyzing consolidated results, drafting SEC documents and management review reports, ensuring quality, and administering strict timeline
- Research and interpret new accounting standards and brainstorm how each applies to GM as well as comply with external 10-Q/10-K reporting requirements
- Evaluate current accounting practices and policies and drive continuous improvement initiatives of GMIO Region
- Align reporting responsibilities as a result of the CPR implementation
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in finance industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related discipline
- Prior Record-to-Report experience required, regional and/or global experience preferred
- Knowledge of corporate finance principles including ability to perform balance sheet analysis, net income statement analysis, cash flow statement analysis, knowledge of debt structures, etc.
- Can provide accurate, timely and reliable reporting and controls
- Structured presentations in straightforward, efficient manner
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to work cross-functionally and multi-culturally
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.