We’re at a pivotal and exciting time in the automotive industry – EV and AV are redefining how we interact with our vehicles! So, we’re looking for a dynamic, talented and creative automotive product designer to help us frame up this future– and what this means for our brands.
GM's Industrial Design team is seeking a Creative Designer to develop fresh new designs and concepts for automotive interior components. We are seeking a strong creative thinker who can work well with others (both internally in design and with our engineering partners) and see designs from concept ideation to final release.
You’ll be working a world class team in a culture where great design ideas can truly drive the future of the company!
Position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
- Creation and communication of bold design ideas through sketches and renderings
- Developing two and three-dimensional mock-ups of proposed design solutions
- Working with studio engineers, modelers, other designers and fabrication personnel in the development of new design ideas
- Staying current with design trends
- Presenting new thoughts and designs both verbally and visually
- Ability to work and collaborate with others outside the work group
- Understanding program timelines and is proactive regarding task completion
- Creation of branded design strategies
***Please note, you must submit a Portfolio to be considered for this position – See Instructions Below***
- Previous design experience with component design-related focus is a bonus (steering wheels, shifters, clusters, screens etc)
- Strong understanding of form
- Excellent drawing and graphic skills
- Demonstrated creative proficiency with supporting portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- Contributes to creative and aesthetic design solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Good analytical ability where problems are somewhat complex
Education and Training:
- Bachelor degree with a major in product design, industrial design, or related field
PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
To be considered for this position, you will need to submit a portfolio in addition to your resume and profile. We strongly recommend linking your online portfolio in the "website" section of the application as we are able to access much larger files that way. If your portfolio is not available online, please follow the instructions below to upload your portfolio as a separate attachment as you did with the resume. Please NO dropbox files or Google docs.
1. Save your portfolio as a pdf document
2. Name your portfolio your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME. Example: Candidate name is John Smith. Portfolio pdf file name is: Smith, John.pdf
3. Upload as an attachment - you may have to condense the file.
DISCLAIMER: The Works included in your Career Portfolio must not be subject to any non-disclosure and/or confidentiality agreement. If the Works in your Career Portfolio are owned by your current or former employer, or by any other Third Party, there must be an express written consent from the Owner allowing the Works to be included in your Career Portfolio for sharing with General Motors (“GM”). By sharing your Career Portfolio, you grant to GM the right to quote, paraphrase, reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use all or any portion of the Career Portfolio for purposes of making a hiring determination. By sharing your Career Portfolio, you also agree to release and discharge GM, and its licensees, successors, and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action that you may have regarding any use of the Career Portfolio, including (but not limited to) any claims based on the right to privacy, the right to publicity, copyright, libel, defamation, or any other right.
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.