About the Role
At General Motors (GM) Information Technology (IT), we are driving significant transformation in the automotive industry. From designing and constructing the next generation of electric and other vehicles to delivering an exceptional GM experience for our dealers and customers, our team is at the forefront of innovation. We specialize in providing unique enterprise-wide IT solutions using cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud computing, vehicle engineering, and real-time computing. If you are a passionate professional looking to advance your career in an organization focused on innovation, speed, and business value, we have challenging positions available for you.
GM IT is currently seeking experienced and proven technical experts in various Mainframe technology areas. These professionals will play a crucial role in supporting our long-term strategic plans to maximize the efficiencies offered by IBM Parallel Sysplex. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for a range of tasks, including maintenance, performance optimization, capacity management, master scheduling, service continuity, implementation of global monitoring and automation solutions, and ensuring best-in-class availability across GM's mainframe platforms.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry. We have fully transitioned from a nearly completely outsourced IT function to a fully insourced model. Our Mainframe team has successfully re-platformed all Mainframe applications from the insourced lpars to new data sharing Sysplex environments.
As a z/OS Mainframe Systems Programmer, you will work closely and collaboratively with other teams and organizations involved in the deployment, management, and support of our mainframe platforms. This includes working closely with vendors, infrastructure groups, database administrators (DBAs), and application teams. Your responsibilities will encompass proactive installation, monitoring, management, control, and upgrade of hardware and software across GM's mainframe landscape.
- Leader in the mainframe space. Ability to articulate and document mainframe product roadmap and bring a team on that journey.
- Provides thought leadership and Technical Architect support for HW and SW solutions
- Experience in the wider IT infrastructure and the interfaces with the z/OS platform (APIs/CICD software development pipelines/Linux)
- The ability to translate product roadmaps to real business value.
- 5+ years’ relevant technical experience
- An Arts/Science degree or STEM qualification advantageous.
- Responsible for implementing all or part of technical solution in accordance with an agreed technical design and GM standards.
- Provides technical support and input on the application of technology to a defined business segment.
- Proactively identify opportunities for automation and own through to implementation.
- Ensures project learning’s are documented and shared.
- Experienced in troubleshooting, researching, and resolving multipart issues.
- Owns and produces documentation. Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form.
- Established as Product SME and/or established as Product specialist
- Ability to support systems in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Vendor interaction experience (including experienced in searching their knowledge databases).
- Observe mainframe standards and audit requirements.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Cross company collaboration with one team mindset.
- Working knowledge and skills with the standard z/OS tools. Db2 and/or IMS knowledge and experience advantageous.
- Knowledge of SMP/E (commands, terminology, problem determination). Ability to use SMP/E to apply maintenance, perform installs, and maintain SMP/E environments.
- Knowledge with REXX, CLIST, ASSEMBLER, PYTHON, or other relevant mainframe programming with examples of code available on request.
- Working knowledge and skills with RACF.
- Demonstrable understanding of the z/OS subsystems, DASD Storage concepts and the command usage relating to these system components. Includes knowledge of job submission, priority, and performance with WLM in a z/OS system.
- Ability to utilize system diagnostics to arrive at problem solutions (Messages and Codes, dumps, console messages, IBM Redbooks etc.)
Hybrid: Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.