The Global Propulsion Systems - Manufacturing Engineering team is driving the future of electric vehicle technology forward by developing world class manufacturing processes for our battery cells. We are looking to expand and enhance our team by adding a hands-on, experienced Coating Engineer to lead the process development of electrode mixing and coatings projects for our battery programs. This position will directly impact the pursuit of making our manufacturing processes a competitive advantage.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide process engineering support in slurry mixing and roll-to-roll slot die coating of battery electrodes
- Provide battery plant start up assistance by utilizing cross functional experience to drive process quality improvement and process efficiency improvement
- Establish process baseline manufacturing parameters to allow integration of advanced materials into battery cell designs
- Provide technical guidance and hands-on support for all aspects of a coating operation including mixing, slurry delivery systems, conveyance, web treatment, coating, and drying
- Collect and analyze process and product data to drive decision making
- Develop and implement strategies for scale up of battery electrodes processes
- Understand the effects of mixing and coating process changes upon product quality attributes and performance
- Assist in the specification, procurement and qualification of slurry and coating equipment
- Work with Product Engineering to ensure manufacturing and design requirements are compatible
- 5+ years of experience in wet coating processes such as slot die, rod, gravure, and multilayer coating technologies as well as the corresponding slurry making and mixing processes
- Experience in the procurement of mixing, coating or processing equipment
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of slurry formulation, mixing processes
- Professional process/manufacturing engineering industry experience
- Degree in chemical engineering, materials engineering, mechanical engineering (with strong materials background) or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience with lithium-ion battery cell coatings
- Statistical problem solving i.e., DFSS Black Belt or Red-X
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.