Sponsorship: GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
Hybrid: Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week.
As a Manufacturing Engineering Co-op, you will rotate through a series of positions and assignments in plant and corporate staff locations throughout the United States sought to cultivate development and to educate. These positions are hands-on and engaging. You will learn problem solving on the fly, to work collaboratively with many members of the team, and be able to flex your creative muscles. Most assignments will be located in Warren, MI, strategic partners around Southeast Michigan, or manufacturing sites in Michigan. Examples of Manufacturing Engineering assignments available include:
- Analyze product, process, and technology to craft best methods to assemble vehicles, and protect the manufacturing process
- Recommend and validate improvement for existing processes
- Support evaluation of innovative technologies to address current manufacturing challenges
- Develop tools to improve program/project management
- Support development and implementation of cybersecurity tools for manufacturing
- Assist in the design, build, and validation of tools and equipment
- Programming of manufacturing technology
- Assist maintenance personnel in operation and maintenance of specialized equipment
- Troubleshoots special maintenance and equipment problems
- Coordinate machinery and equipment upgrade projects
- About Global Manufacturing Engineering Vehicle Systems Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all value-added systems for Vehicle Assembly
- Develop & Validate new Manufacturing Innovation for General Assembly and Automation for all manufacturing shops and sites
- Develop Processes, Machine & Equipment and Tools for 50 Assembly, 30+ Stamping, and 30 Propulsion Plants, and approximately 30 launches each year globally
- Develop, Validate, and Maintain Common Conveyance Systems and Controls
- Develop, Validate, and Maintain Cybersecurity Technology to create a secure factory
- Collaborate with other centers to reduce energy and waste globally
Job locations can be at Manufacturing Engineering headquarters in Warren, Michigan or in various plant locations throughout the U.S.
Plant locations may include:
- Warren, MI
- Detroit-Hamtramck, MI
- Brownstown, MI
- Flint, MI
- Lansing, MI
- Orion, MI
- Milford, MI
- Fort Wayne, IN
- Arlington, TX
- Bowling Green, KY
- Spring Hill, TN
- Wentzville, MO
- Fairfax, KS
- Parma, OH
Travel varies based on assignment and may be required to strategic partners and plants.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering or Technology in one of the following areas: Automation, Automotive, Chemical, Computer/Computer Science/Computer Animation, Industrial, Kinesiology, Machine Learning, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Mechatronics, or Robotics from an accredited college or university
- Must be graduating in Spring 2026 or later
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Willingness to work any shift, potentially including weekends
- Willingness to work in a plant environment
What will give you Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications) :
- Prior experience in field of study
- Conceptual understanding and/or experience in any of the following:
- Controls – software, hardware development or execution
- Developing tools, equipment, or processes such as layouts
- Simulation/Game design or development
- Artificial intelligence, machine learning, machine vision equipment or systems
- Automation or automated equipment such as conveyance
- Information Technology
- Construction or installation planning, process, or execution
- Human factors, ergonomics
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization and external partners
- Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Knowledge of statistical methods as applied to experimental design and process development
Student Stipend: GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to eligible students selected for the 2024 Student Program.
Pay: The salary range for this role is $4000 - $4900, dependent upon class status and degree.
Benefits : Benefit options are not available for this role.
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.