Position requires an employee to be onsite on a full-time basis.
Factory ZERO is our first, all-electric automotive assembly plant and the blueprint of General Motors' electric future! We have a corporate vision of “Zero crashes, Zero emissions, Zero congestion.” Our most novel products like the Hummer EV and our very first autonomous vehicle, Cruise Origin will be assembled right in this facility. This requires us to employ the most upbeat, capable, and innovative talent to ensure we meet the challenges of developing the new manufacturing processes required to assemble these outstanding products!
As the Torque Coordinator, you will be responsible for operations, maintenance, and repair of plant equipment. This work requires the ability to make decisions based on established procedures and is of a technical nature using independent judgment within the limits of GMS, focusing on Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, Cost, and Environment (SPQRCE). You will have some direct mentorship received from supervisors.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for Torque Engineering within GA Tech Support Group to pass yearly Torque Audit
- Responsible to manage a 3rd part small tool team ensuring all T&E Bulletins and PCPs are maintained and met
- Participates in functional area plant meetings and related functions to represent GA and to assist in improving the plant's performance goals
- Work with Manufacturing and Quality department in problem solving customer issues and developing short term corrective actions as well as long term irreversible solutions
- Manage process-related projects including installation of new or replacement equipment, continuous improvement initiatives, and periodic repair and refurbishment
- Occasionally lead maintenance team and supervise skilled trades to cover maintenance supervisor absence
- Provides technical support and direction to support personnel within the organization
- Investigates system and equipment problems and provides technical input in problem resolution
- Develops cost estimates, investment forecasts, business cases, appropriation requests, and plans for process / torque related project activity
- Assists in the development of a project support plan between plant, GMNA, and contractor resources.
- Assures common controls architecture for all new and revised tooling and equipment
- Support TIP (throughput improvement process), GMS (global manufacturing systems) and BIQ4 (built in quality) initiatives
- Utilizes statistical methods for continuous improvement on plant systems
- Enforces safe work practices as the highest priority and implements objectives for ergonomics, health/safety, and housekeeping
- Develops and monitors planning timetables and project schedules
- Maintain compliance with all Process Control Plans and Tool and Equipment bulletins relevant to all General Assembly Equipment and Processes
- Maintain Error Proofing List and ensure all new or modified error proofing has passed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) requirements
- Occasionally work weekends
Your Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in Automotive Manufacturing/Assembly Plant
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with Vehicle Assembly process equipment, knowledge of system engineering, software development & hardware integration.
- Solid understanding of Altas torque controllers and guns.
What Will Give You a Competitive Edge:
- Highly developed knowledge of integration plant floor monitoring systems &/or simulation techniques.
- Thorough understanding of planned and predictive maintenance and the Maximo system.
- Experience/knowledge of GM-Global Manufacturing System (GMS).
- Detailed understanding of GM Safety policies, specifications, and audit module requirements.
- Knowledge of Competitive Manufacturing Strategies
** GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.