This position will require the employee to be onsite full-time. The work location will be Bedford, Indiana.
The Launch Process Engineering Team excels in the development, testing, implementation and execution of new casting programs, platforms and technology. This group is unique in that by working with and across multiple levels of the GM technical groups, vendors and suppliers, the complex problems of high pressure die casting are developed into controlled manufacturing processes.
The Specific Purpose of this position is to support the Launch Team activities and programs as directed by GPS ME. By working in and with a cross functional team of die casting engineers, you will perform casting manufacturing projects by following a systematic engineering process of evaluation, development, validations, technology transfer leading into and supporting the production launch and processing. Specifically responsible and directly involved in the development of manufacturing processes, equipment, tooling and alternatives, sequences, operations, utilizations for the production of castings.
What You'll Do
- Ability to work individually on specific programs yet collaboratively with Launch Team, QC, Design, Tooling, and other support groups
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of foundry processes and ability to apply concepts in a manufacturing environment
- Support Launch Wall process via Manufacturing Validations, Build Plans, PPAP and related engineering procedures
- Support testing and installations of equipment, tooling and technologies both on and off site
- Lead, support and present the analysis of casting defects
- Assist in process, tooling and equipment testing, troubleshooting and implementations
- Develop process documentation, Process flow diagrams, PCP, PFMEA, TIS, and related technical documents as necessary for a program launch
- Analyze first time quality data and optimize processes using DOE, Red X, and related statistical tools
- Perform both Non and destructive testing procedures for casting investigation and analysis ( leak testing, x ray, CT, thermal, lab specimen prep, chemistry, density, mechanical, etc)
- On site work, working on shop floor, hands on equipment, understanding of casting shop activity,( climbing, bending, lifting, in and around Hot aluminum)
Your Skills and Abilities (required qualifications)
- 5+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of foundry processes and ability to apply casting concepts in a manufacturing environment
- HPDC, or similar tooling, process, quality, or project management experience
- Knowledge of process engineering procedures and disciplines
- Effective or functional knowledge of Magma, Flow 3D, simulation software
- Effective and functional knowledge of aluminum chemistry, heat treat, metallurgical processes
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical concepts involving machine design, process equipment, tooling, and secondary post processing
- BS degree (engineering, metallurgical, computer science) or equivalent experience is required
What Will Give You a Competitive Advantage (preferred qualifications)
- Training in aluminum metallurgy
- Prior experience in high pressure die casting
- Training in flow simulations ( Magma, Flow 3d)
- Mechanical properties testing and procedures
- Background in Aluminum chemistry is encouraged
- ability to speak Spanish fluently
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.