GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
- Hybrid : This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
At GM, our culture is to have a "One Team" approach, where we collaborate cross functionally to achieve enterprise-wide results. This program will give you the opportunity to work with a diverse group of teams to accomplish our larger goals. In this role you will support and coordinate with multiple facets of the General Motors global portfolio by crafting and implementing timely business solutions. As a member of our team, you will play a key role in solving meaningful and important issues facing our company!
Finance Accounting Internship Program
You will collaborate with GM’s globally diverse organizations to assemble data, perform analyses, and present your recommendations to senior GM executives at the end of your internship. In addition to your core work you will have unique networking opportunities with peers and senior finance executives and leaders which will facilitate your visibility and growth within GM. You will also participate in several key activities focused around the “Design/Build/Sell and Services” operations of the company, as well as a case competition, assembly plant tour, and overviews of key areas of finance.
Accounting rotations may include the following : Controllership, Audit, Tax. Rotations will provide candidates with the work experience necessary towards obtaining a CPA license and may include consolidating and reporting company results, analyzing transactions for appropriate accounting treatment, and serving as a strategic business partner to increase transparency, improve efficiency, shorten decision cycle times, and reinforce financial integrity and accountability.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related fields
- Graduating with a Bachelor’s degree between October 2024 and June 2025 OR graduating with a Bachelor’s degree between December 2023 and June 2024 and will complete additional CPA required course work or Master’s degree (total 150 hours) between October 2024 and June 2025
- Able to work full time, 40 hours per week during the Summer of 2024
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications)
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities, or service organizations
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity and ability to initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with honesty, accountability, and trust
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet goals in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with teams and cross-functional groups
- Functional/Technical Skills, Problem Solving, Drive for Results, Decision Quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic Agility, Managerial Courage, Innovative Thinking
- Currently pursuing or interested in pursuing a CPA is preferred
Strong Analytical Skills / Fundamental Knowledge of Corporate Finance
- Familiarity in use of common financial tools (ROI, NPV, IRR, etc.)
- Knowledge of corporate finance principles including ability to perform balance sheet analysis, Income statement analysis, cash flow statement analysis, capital structure analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles or sophisticated accounting principles for Accounting roles
- Sophisticated Excel skills and strong modeling and financial valuation skills
- Ability to work with people within and outside the group, including cross-functional partners
- Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline decision-making
- Searches out and corrects inconsistent data; finds and fixes root cause and understands the drivers
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to eligible students selected for the 2024 Student Program.
The salary range for this role is between $4,400-$5,200 per month
Benefit options are not available for this role
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.