- Responsible for operationally executing and supporting from GL perspective:
- Monthly closing and reporting as per US GAAP
- Account reconciliation – including Reconciling indirect tax activity to the general leger
- Annual closing as per US GAAP
- Create Journal Entries based on financial information, focused on withholding tax, VAT and other taxes
- Maintain and apply knowledge of direct and indirect taxes and developments that affect the business/country
- Assist with compiling data used to file all tax returns
- Support internal and external tax audit process by preparing audit support packages and analysis on areas including fixed assets, sales and expenses
- Prepare schedules to assist with month-end Accounting close process
- Provide clear reporting of information and analyzes data within a business area to identify reporting improvements.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with SOX requirements
- Ensures compliance with GM Corporate policies and external regulatory requirements
- Interacts with internal/external related parties (impacted Business Units, Global Controller’s Team, Global Finance Teams, etc.)
- Has strong control focus – brings any issues (accounting or control related) forward immediately
- Has a strong focus on process improvements to drive quality accounting and compliance
- Frequent contact with others outside of work group to accomplish tasks
- Participation in Special Projects (including LEAN/Six Sigma activities) - -eventual leader of such projects
- Highly technical in the use of SAP system (t-codes, asset module flow, etc.)
- Supports BCP, BIA activities and updates EUCA Files
Technical Knowledge Requirements:
- In-depth understanding and experience in various controllership processes for Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet areas
- Understanding of Indirect tax – application in monthly accounting cycle and reporting
- Understanding of US GAAP, IFRS, and SOX /Internal Control Requirements – additionally, continue to attend trainings on these topics to remain adequately informed and knowledgeable;
- Working knowledge of SAP and other GM systems as required for the assigned position (systems and level of knowledge necessary will vary – employee must be willing to continuously learn the GM systems landscape and functionality)
Non-Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Possesses Continuous Improvement mindset and able to translate it to meaningful projects
- Solves and Analyzes Issues, Stretched Goals
- Drive for Individual Results
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Basic Communication Skills
- Verbally communicates clearly and concisely a need, request, idea or thought to drive action of peers
- With help, can tailor communication to address concerns or open conversations in a way that the external partner understands and protects the reputation and confidentiality needs of GM.
- BA in Finance/Supply Chain/Accounting/Business or equivalent with strong foundation and experience in a shared service environment
- Experience working in a multinational organization and working with colleagues internationally is preferred
- Basic domain knowledge of Tax accounting and reporting
- Works effectively with others and as part of a team;
- Competent/Above-Average English Fluency
- Ability to understand, speak and write Portuguese or Spanish is a plus (requirement for bilingual analysts)
This is for day shift.
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.