As a Principal Java Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the quality and cohesion of software solutions within an assigned domain and their conformance to approved GM IT standards and alignment with the future state architectural goals. You will drive the underlying design and architecture supporting those solutions. You will work on all development activities that align with appropriate methodologies and application of a repeatable, systematic, and quantifiable approach to the development process including (but not limited to) Full-Stack Hands-on Java Development. You will advise software developers and will approve the software being developed and deployed in their domain. You will experience designing software or solution architecture in accordance with GM standards and industry standard methodologies.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design and architecture of software solutions, ensuring scalability, performance, and maintainability.
- Develop high-quality, clean, and efficient code using programming languages and technologies such as Java, Angular, SQL
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and analyze requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior developers, assisting them in their professional growth and development.
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices.
- Integrate software components and third-party libraries, ensuring seamless functionality and compatibility.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging of software applications to ensure high-quality and bug-free code.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues and provide technical support to stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in software development and propose innovative solutions to improve our software products.
- Contribute to the documentation of software requirements, design, and user manuals
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or a related field (Master's degree preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Software Engineer or similar role with a focus on full-stack Java Development
- Strong knowledge of software development principles, methodologies, and best practices
- Expertise in designing and implementing scalable and distributed systems.
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages such as Java, SQL, Spring Boot
- Proficiency in Cloud-Based Applications (Azure, OCF) and Container-Based Technologies (Kubernetes)
- Deep understanding of system integration patterns and technologies (e.g., REST, SOAP, ESB)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to analyze complex business requirements and propose appropriate solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Compensation: The expected base compensation for this role is : $112,100 - $175,400 . Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays.
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.