Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to be onsite approximately 3 days per week
VMEC, Vehicle Mechatronic Embedded Controls, is a production level group that supports the definition, design, and development of all embedded controllers that impact vehicle motion. The Sub-System Lead Engineer (SSLE) is an individual contributor with recognized expertise responsible for tasks and work throughout the entire vehicle development lifecycle, including requirements definition, design and implementation, testing, and problem resolution. Agile, systems engineering, requirements and embedded controls development, and calibration knowledge are a definite plus. The drive and tenacity to grow technically and professionally while working on some of General Motors’ most exciting features is a must!
We are specifically hiring for High Voltage Energy Transfer (HVET) / Charging area - focused on optimizing system operation to quickly align GM’s charging ecosystem with the North America Charging Standard (NACS) and enable an enriching EV customer charging experience. For HVET – AC or DC - this includes establishing subsystem requirements for ensuring all vehicle side conditions are ready, maintaining stable power limits and temperature, managing the interface and communication, and terminating the charge session successfully. Additional requirements are for customer interactions, including displays, charge coupler, and mobile app. The role may also require a focus on development of requirements for Electric Vehicle state of charge, vehicle range, high voltage battery charging customer settings, etc.
What You’ll do:
- Lead complex sub-system analysis to define functional controls and requirements, including I/O Interface requirements (e.g., mapping, performance, transfer functions, safety, regulatory, etc.), while applying Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) principles.
- Leverage physical (vehicles and benches) and virtual (models and simulations) to establish test cases and acceptance criteria for normal and degraded states of applicable sub-systems.
- Create and maintain Sub-System Technical Specification (SSTS) and Behavioral Test Specifications (BTS) documents for applicable subsystems.
- Create and maintain sub-system specifications in requirements management software (e.g., DOORS, DNG, Markdown, etc.), including Functional Architecture Documents (FADs), and Context Diagrams with the assistance of Global Architecture teams.
- Lead the root cause analysis for all appliable sub-system related issues and translate solutions into new or revised requirements.
- Lead sub-system level FMEAs and collaborate on System and Component FMEAs and manage FMEA processes across applicable subsystems.
- Collaborate with Controls and Software Engineers to review software implementation, ensuring compliance with requirements, and creating/executing Features/Stories in Jira to manage sub-system requirements and specifications.
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical, or related engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in the field of expertise
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills, including independent judgment and decision-making skills, where problems are very unusual and extremely difficult
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues
- Physics-based understanding of the Voice-of-Customer
- Ability to effectively communicate issues, status, and recommendations to leadership
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Ability to prioritize work with only limited direction from manager
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Skills)
- Master’s or PhD in Engineering with an emphasis on Controls
- Experience or knowledge in NACS requirements, architecture, execution, and implementation, including handshaking and communications protocols, diagnostics, coupler technology, and Interoperability concerns and mitigations
- Experience or knowledge in EV customer-facing charging system features including displays, back-office, charge port, and mobile apps
- Experience leveraging simulation environments and plant modeling for testing or requirements generation is a plus (e.g., MATLAB/Simulink, D-Space HIL, SIL, ETAS Inca, etc.)
- Experience with requirements management tools (e.g., DOORS, DNG, Markdown, etc.)
- Experience with change management tools (e.g., Jira, GIT, IBM RTC, etc.)
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering and associates SysML Tools (e.g., Rhapsody)
- Experience with Scaled Agile Development (SAFe) process
- Experience with OBD regulations requirements
- Experience with safety critical systems (ISO-26262)
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.