Hybrid: Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectations is that the employee be on-site an average of three (3) days each week.
The role of the Material Automation Engineer is to lead innovation and optimization initiatives within the Material space in General Assembly. This pivotal position involves the identification and development of technologies and processes to optimize material movement enhancing manufacturing efficiency, quality, and sustainability. The Material Automation Engineer works closely with cross-functional teams and strategic suppliers to conceptualize, oversee, and implement inventive solutions that boost productivity, lower costs, and contribute to overall operational excellence.
What You'll Do:
In our pursuit to create a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, GM’s global manufacturing engineering team is challenging the limits on what is possible and embracing agility as it reimagines how to build the next generation of vehicles. Our diverse team of manufacturing engineers play a crucial role in transforming our facilities through implementing the adoption of ground-breaking technologies. From raw sheet metal to final assembly, this team is reinventing the tools and processes that will enable GM to deliver on our promise to create an all-electric future. As part of this pursuit, we have established a Center within Vehicle Systems which leads the planning and execution of Material Strategies. This is an extremely exciting and challenging opportunity to play a key role in our North American Material automation solutioning activity within the GMNA plant locations for Vehicle Systems as we continue to launch our future vehicle programs. This key contributor will develop Material Optimization Automation solutions to safely delivery on our overall 4-wall Material strategies. Aggressive, fast-moving solution development thru collaboration with other critical SMEs will be key to the Material Automation Engineer’s success.
- Identify and evaluate emerging manufacturing technologies, trends, and best practices to drive innovation and improve operational performance.
- Optimize the Manufacturing processes and material flow by improving its efficiency. This includes streamlining current processes and developing future plans for automation.
- Develop and lead automation initiatives including research, development, adaptation, proof of values/concepts, pilots and the execution of material optimization technologies.
- Develop and implement strategies focused on optimizing material flow and contribute to the development of automation roadmap with timing and cost considerations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including the Material execution leads, Manufacturing Innovation Team, Shop Directors, and other Manufacturing Engineering Center Leads to identify areas for improvement and develop innovative solutions to enhance manufacturing efficiency, quality, and sustainability.
- Work directly with strategic suppliers to develop and execute material optimization initiatives.
- Work directly with plant partners and safety team to achieve development of material optimization initiatives from drawing board/concept to reality/shop floor.
- Work directly with containerization, logistics and other GPSC partner to resolve critical issues and put key enablers in place for the successful execution of material optimization initiatives.
- Conduct feasibility studies and cost-benefit analyses for proposed manufacturing innovation and automation projects.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including product engineering, purchasing R&D, manufacturing operations, and IT to ensure seamless integration of new technologies and processes.
- Stay updated on industry trends, regulations, and advancements in manufacturing innovation to provide strategic recommendations and insights.
- Develop and deliver training programs to enhance the knowledge and skills of manufacturing teams in new technologies and processes.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of implemented solutions, identifying areas for further improvement and optimization.
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications):
- 5+ years of automotive industry experience in a manufacturing role.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field OR equivalent experience
- Comfort with ambiguity and adeptness in navigating complex, uncertain situations.
- Proven track record in manufacturing operations, process improvement, and innovation management.
- Proficiency in manufacturing technologies, Material flow, Material handling equipment automation, and Factory of the Future Material concepts.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, enabling innovative solutions.
- Strong project management abilities, including handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with cross-functional teams and external partners. Including creating master dot, and presentations to communicate progress.
- Adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Launch execution and planning experience.
- A commitment to continuous learning, staying updated on industry trends and advancements.
- Mechanical proficiency, with an understanding of mechanical systems and components.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.