Hybrid: Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time, but the general expectation is that the employee be on-site an average of three (3) days each week.
Our team is looking for a 2024 PhD Intern - Localization to join us within the SDV Automated Driving Localization team. In this role you have the opportunity to work with a highly-integrated global team and collaborate with groups spanning from Sensing through Planning to Control. Join our team and help us enable a highly advanced autonomous driving feature!
- Develop AV and active safety localization algorithm and software and enables localization technologies that will integrate into a targeted vehicle application, which include developing software and use cases
- Work on localization and interact with perception, mapping, planning and different sensors such as camera, LiDAR, radar, GNSS/IMU etc.
- Work closely with Research and Development, software developers, validation engineers, HMI engineers, network engineers and suppliers to develop methods / algorithms / tools to support features
- Provide technical leadership on the AV and active safety features to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Support the development of localization software requirements
- Travel as needed
- Master degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical Engineering, or other related fields
- Enrolled in PhD degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical Engineering, or other related fields
- 5+ years’ experience in algorithm and software development
- 3+ years of software C++ programming in real time embedded platforms experience
- Experienced in one or more of the following domains: computer vision : feature extraction/matching, SLAM, SFM, VO/VIO, multi-view geometry and sensor fusion; point cloud : feature extraction, registration; or state estimation : Bayesian modeling, signal process, KF/EKF, factor-graph, nonlinear optimization, statistical sampling; or machine learning: Deep Neural Network, Transformer
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications)
- Automotive safety critical electronics experience
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2024 Student Program.
The salary range for this role is $8,000-$9,400 per month, dependent upon experience.
Benefit options are not available for this role.
Este es un ejemplo de un contenido de trabajo común que se puede mostrar en la parte inferior de cada descripción de trabajo. Se agrega en el CMS y luego se muestra en cada trabajo. Se puede utilizar para complementar el contenido del trabajo que proviene del ATS.
Egestas faucibus lacus a ac aptent ac condimentum risus iaculis a parturent a enim suscipit semper hendrerit feugiat suspendisse lobortis facilisis vel at dolor ornare rutrum a elementum mi. Rhoncus mollis curae penatibus scelerisque suspendisse faucibus phasellus porttitor maecenas amet a amet hac facilisi a urna a vestibulum vestibulum maecenas per adipiscing ultrices.