Hybrid - This role is categorized as hybrid. This means the candidate is expected to report to the Warren Tech Center three times per week, at minimum, or other frequency dictated by the business.
We are looking for a software architect with a strong passion for software tools and the engineering process to enable a global software organization. The main responsibility includes designing tooling solution to generate GM defined basic software that will integrate with inhouse controllers based on software defined architecture(SDV).
This will also involve design decision to integrate the basic software with software driven generation of AUTOSAR standard middleware code for a controller build collaboration with business owners for various programs. Development of strategic roadmaps of SDV tooling will be very crucial part of the role.
- Design and extend the existing architecture and basic software generation toolchain to support following AutoSAR standards .
- Design and Integration mechanism for serial data communication supporting a COMM stack.
- Lead a team of software developer for in house tooling development based on C and Java.
- Collaborate with other product line architects to design solution as per GM’s defined workflow.
- Active participation as an SME to identity, design, and implement workflow modifications with multiple business teams and application extensions.
- Whiteboard and brainstorming session with internal tools team members .
- Specifies and balances system requirements within engineering and IT environments.
- Key role in formalizing tooling process documents and training materials
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science preferred)
- 10 years of experience in a related field
- Expertise in Embedded C and Java code .
- Working knowledge of the AutoSAR Standards and serial data communication protocols
- Domain knowledge of Standard of Ethernet protocol (e.g.- Service Discovery, E2E, SecOC)
- Experience Bootloader, memory and communication management
- Knowledge to design and implement SUM components.
- Knowledge of major automotive subsystems and electrical and electronic circuit operation
- Knowledge and experience with diagnostic parameter (DIDs, RIDs, DTCs)
- Understanding of service-oriented communication protocols (SOME/IP, DDS, REST, etc.)
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good business sense, ability to communicate, and a desire to understand customer needs.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-change environment with an initiative demonstrated by reaching beyond assigned work to improve output.
- Master’s degree in engineering or computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in tools development
- Demonstrated experience system engineering modelling tools.
- Working experience with COMM Stack .
- Experience with Agile Product Development.
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical systems.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
GM is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. GM is committed to providing a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and advancing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, all practices and decisions relating to terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment are made without regard to an individual's protected characteristics. For purposes of this policy, “protected characteristics" include an individual's actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, weight, height, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Información sobre diversidad
General Motors se compromete a ser un lugar de trabajo en el cual no solo no haya discriminación indebida, sino que fomente con sinceridad la inclusión y el sentido de pertenencia. Creemos firmemente que la diversidad del personal crea un entorno en el cual nuestros empleados pueden prosperar y desarrollar mejores productos para nuestros clientes. Instamos a los candidatos interesados a que revisen las responsabilidades y aptitudes clave para cada puesto y se postulen para los puestos que coincidan con sus habilidades y capacidades. Es posible que, cuando corresponda, se les pida a los solicitantes que están en el proceso de contratación que completen satisfactoriamente una o más evaluaciones relacionadas con su función y/o una evaluación previa al empleo antes de comenzar a trabajar. Para obtener más información, visite Cómo contratamos.
Declaración de igualdad de oportunidades en el empleo (EE.UU.)
General Motors se enorgullece de ser un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Todos los solicitantes calificados serán tenidos en cuenta para el empleo sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad de género, nacionalidad, discapacidad o condición de veterano protegido.
Adecuaciones (EE.UU. y Canadá)
General Motors ofrece oportunidades a todos los solicitantes de empleo, incluyendo las personas con discapacidades. Si necesita una adecuación razonable para ayudarle con su búsqueda o solicitud de empleo, envíenos un correo electrónico a Careers.Accommodations@GM.com o llámenos al 800-865-7580. En su correo electrónico, incluya una descripción del puesto específico que está solicitando, así como el título del empleo y el número de solicitud del puesto que está solicitando.