Onsite : This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
As a leader in GM's Human Resources Group you are a strategic advisor to our internal senior management within respective function of GM. You understand the business and its external environment and provide direction and leadership in all areas of HR, that align and support GM's objectives, mission and culture. You provide global and regional business analysis to various business functions that support the company wide and functional short-term and long-term business goals.
This role provides Human Resource and Labor Relations leadership in: Human Capital planning, organization design, employee engagement, employee development, recruitment, employment retention, performance management, employee support, labor relations, job evaluation, benefits administration, training, compliance with regulatory agencies and special projects.
Serves as a strategic business partner to the Plant leadership team. Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures and their dissemination through individual or group communications and/or meetings. Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and administering plant human resource and labor relations programs, building and leading local Human Resource and Labor Relations Team, developing and maintaining a workforce (salary and hourly) enabling GM to meet business objectives and continuous improvement objectives, taking a lead role in day to day labor relations activity with the Local Union, as well as public relations activities in the community in which the plant is located, as required. Will also be responsible for developing and leading strategic local negotiation activity that maintains a focus on competitiveness along with employee experience.
Work involves matters of a complicated nature where a considerable amount of initiative and an extremely high degree of independent judgment is utilized in making decisions. Reports to the Sector Manufacturing Human Resource Director.
- Is a Safety Ambassador, fulfilling the safety vision, supporting the Workplace Safety System
- Consultant on initiatives within the People element of the Business Plan Deployment (BPD) process and provide consulting advice strategic direction/oversight for plant
- Support Global Manufacturing System (GMS) and People Involvement (PI) implementation as needed
- Develop local negotiation strategies; negotiate and oversee the administration of local labor agreement
- Ensure proper oversight on culture and people for the site (e.g., active and successful HRM process, compliance with law and policies, proactive focus on employee issues, etc.)
- Plan and execute Talent Management and Progression/Succession reviews
- Utilize data analytics to drive decisions to move the business forward, relative to talent, negotiations, staffing strategies, etc.
- Drive diversity and inclusion strategies and efforts
- Conduct training sessions as required related to Ethics, Labor Relations, HR, Policy, Leadership, others as required
- Inspire, train, develop, and evaluate employees
- Participate in the interview/selection of new employees and Leadership positions
- Maintain an effective working relationship with Management, Union Representatives, Central Staffs, and others outside the work group
- Advise/counsel management on personnel issues
- Keep abreast of government legislation pertaining to personnel and employment policies and ensure conformance to legislated requirements or company needs
- Provide direction to employees in the resolution of problems related to benefits, company policies, etc.
- Build sustainable partnerships with local community organizations where we live and work
- Work with plant leadership to develop initiatives and action plans to increase employee engagement
- Administer local salaried employee performance review procedure and employment related policies and procedures
- Execute compensation planning and associated programs and processes to support pay for performance philosophy
- Collaborate, as needed, with functional Company partners in the administration of providing Health/Medical and Security services to plant.
- Act on behalf of GM, as needed, in representing the Company in various legal matters
- Bachelor's degree and/or 4+ years equivalent applicable Human Resources/Labor Relations experience
- 3+ years Manufacturing Plant experience
- 4+ years as a People Leader/Management
- 4+ years w/ Labor Relations experience including contract administration, negotiations (lead role), grievance investigation/resolution in large, complex environments
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Workday HRIS experience
- Ability to teach and develop the organization in field of expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources/Labor Relations or related field
- Experience supporting large manufacturing site of 2,000+ employee base
- Strong change management experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Data Analytics capability (comfort with data/using data to tell stories)
- Ability to perform multi-discipline HR and LR responsibilities
- Business acumen (HR and Manufacturing)
- Strong influencing and command skills
- Comfort dealing with higher management independently
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Effective problem solving and decision-making capability
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strategic agility
- Autonomy; Standing alone
Please only apply if you DO NOT need sponsorship to work in the United States now or in the future. We are unable to consider candidates who require sponsorship .