Factory ZERO is our first, all-electric automotive assembly plant and the blueprint of General Motors' electric future! We have a corporate vision of “Zero crashes, Zero emissions, Zero congestion.” Our most novel products like the Hummer EV and our very first autonomous vehicle, Cruise Origin will be assembled right in this facility. This requires us to employ the most upbeat, capable, and innovative talent to ensure we meet the challenges of developing the new manufacturing processes required to assemble these outstanding products! We offer a multifaceted and inclusive work environment that questions the status-quo daily to strengthen our reputation. Selected candidates will have the opportunity to learn new skills and actively play an integral role in the development of new processes here at Factory Zero.
As a Leader in Maintenance, you will be responsible for the supervision of salaried employees responsible for operations, maintenance, and repair of plant equipment. Work requires the ability to make decisions based on established procedure. Work is of a technical nature using independent judgment within the limits of GMS, focusing on Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, Cost, and Environment (SPQRCE). In this role, you will oversee a small to medium group of salaried maintenance Group Leaders, lead the maintenance and repair of plant equipment and facilities aligned with standard GM maintenance systems. Additionally, you will conduct appropriate checks and tests and communicates evaluation of results and be responsible for preventative maintenance and diagnosis of equipment malfunctions.
- Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
- Implements divisional and corporate policies
- Implements safety and good housekeeping practices
- Frequent contact and collaboration with others outside of the work group
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material, and equipment
- Participates in the selection of new employees
- Trains, develops, and evaluates employees
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project
- Leads technical guidance for complex and unusual plant operations or projects
- Assists in the development of budgets and forecasts within assigned area
- Obtains a deep knowledge and ability to implement GMS principles
- This role would be required to support second shift on a rotational basis.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Automotive Manufacturing/Assembly Plant (Tech)
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Solid understanding of all safety absolutes and policies (i.e. lockout, ESWP, etc.)
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and ability in a maintenance organization
- Demonstrated basic understanding of mechanical and electrical concepts involving machine designs and process requirements involved in the manufacturing process
- Demonstrated excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships and lead team members and suppliers to solve problems and resolve issues
- Experience with Fluid Fill Process Equipment, Alignment and DVT Process Equipment, Glass Cell Process Equipment, General Assembly Error Proofing Equipment (EPP Preferred) and knowledge of Atlas torque controllers and guns.
- 5 or more years' experience in Automotive Manufacturing/Assembly Plant environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to implement GMS principles
- Group Leader/Management experience