The successful candidate in this position will be responsible for the early development and execution of solutions for future programs in the RESS (Rechargeable Energy Storage System) Development Center. The engineer will lead the execution of equipment, tools, and processes necessary to emulate production BOP & BOE, leverage early Lessons Learned, and enable flawless launches. Work is performed in a team environment, consisting of daily interactions with Product Engineering, Central Mfg Engineering, and Operations. This position will report to the RESS Development Engineering Execution Team with a direct extension to the RESS Central Manufacturing group. Primary location for this position is at the future RESS Development Center in Warren, MI. Prior to building being completed in Q3 2024, work will be hybrid between Warren Tech Center, OEMs, Brownstown Battery, and Pontiac Engineering Center.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate overall engineering activities for RESS module, pack assembly or testing.
- Develop and execute plan to process part orders and support operations with day to day technical/process needs.
- Engineer, Evaluate Supplier (OEM) proposals, Design, Build and Implement machinery, tools & equipment that meet specifications, quality and safety criteria.
- Lead equipment installation, debug, G-Comply/Green tag process, and validation.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams to meet program targets and metrics.
- Serve as the communications bridge between Product Engineering and Central Manufacturing.
- Provide technical support for solving problems and driving issues to resolution.
- Gather lessons learned throughout the program execution, feedforward/feedback information to improve ME BOP/BOE.
- Provide technical and program management assistance to achieve program requirements.
- Prepare and present status updates to leadership as needed.
- 3+ years of experience in process development or manufacturing.
- Understanding of plant floor and design for manufacturability.
- Knowledge or Global Manufacturing System or similar manufacturing philosophies
- Knowledge in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & MS Planner
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in engineering or equivalent job-related experience.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Team Center, Microsoft Project, Simulation and CAD/CAM systems.
- Battery product knowledge or similar electrification experience