This position is required to be onsite full time.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Medical Directors are responsible for either leadership and management of multiple Health Centers/complexes, or one or more global medical operations or programs. Other responsibilities include; personnel development, business integration, maintaining union interface, providing medical expertise and assuring the delivery of quality occupational medical services.
Key Job Elements
1.Leadership and management of Health Center Personnel (Physicians)
2.Global function or program management
4.Medical compliance and regulatory oversight
5.Integrate with business partners including providing senior physician expertise to individuals and the organization
6.Strategic review and planning
7.Maintain union interface
8.Provide occupational physician expertise
- Five or more years plant medical and supervisory experience
- Strong social skills and ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to communicate, motivate, and inspire direct reports and others
- Ability to champion and lead change within work groups and departments
- Demonstrates creative and critical thinking
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
Education and Training - Physician
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) degree required
- Board certification in a medical specialty required, preferably in occupational medicine. Board certification in emergency medicine, internal medicine, and family medicine are also acceptable.
- Valid Michigan state medical license required