Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis. This position requires an employee to cover territory visits to dealerships in a reoccurring frequency. Relocation may be provided.
The selected candidate will assume territorial responsibility and relocate to Kansas City, MO.
Our goal at General Motors is to deliver outstanding customer experiences at every touchpoint and do so on a foundation of trust and transparency. Our diverse team of 155,000 employees brings their collective passion for engineering, technology, and design to deliver on this ambitious future. And the ambitious commitments we’ve made are moving us closer to realizing this vision.
The District Manager Aftersales role has responsibility for executing “consultative” dealer contacts designed to achieve financial sales targets and drive core dealer processes that improve customer retention and fixed operation coverage. Key responsibilities include assisting dealer service and parts operation in the ordering, selling, and/or servicing product, with an emphasis on customer retention and service merchandising. Work involves a considerable amount of consultation and creativity, perception, and initiative with wide latitude for independent action.
- Thoroughly prepare for each standardized dealer contact by identifying dealer priorities/needs, reviewing relevant reports, and preparing an agenda that addresses GM’s and the dealer’s sales, retention, and revenue priorities
- Consult with dealership to increase the fixed operations overall customer retention and profitability and identify follow-up or action items for next contact
- Achieve sales objectives for district by collaborating with dealerships on how to grow their fixed operations
- Focus on evaluating the parts department inventory management processes to eliminate waste, increase parts loyalty and profitability and improve efficiencies
- Partner with dealership to ensure systems and processes are in place to manage and process warranty claims according to GM policies & procedures
- Evaluate the dealership’s service customer experience based on customer data and observations and assist in continuous improvements / problem resolution to build customer loyalty, including customer satisfaction performance, mystery shops, service lead close rates, etc.
- Analyze marketing and merchandising plan, including dealership’s digital presence, against GM brand direction, current market trends and dealership’s customer needs to identify business opportunities
- Set priorities to execute assigned responsibilities independently, and willingly takes on any task to grow fixed operations by acting as the dealerships trusted advisor
- Stay knowledgeable of changes in General Motors and industry to adapt quickly. Evaluate processes, systems, and tools to make alterations
- Integrate and communicate with all representatives that call on the dealership on behalf of GM to offer outstanding and cohesive support
- Efficiently and effectively take care of customer needs and issues as they arise. Resolve key issues and resolutions
- Maintain a solid understanding of the competitive service environment within assigned markets
- Ability to manage time and projects and measure/prioritize work effectively with limited supervision
- Ability to develop and implement retail marketing plans, this includes knowledge of the fundamentals of marketing – Product, Price, Place, Promotion
- 4+ years of experience in the automotive industry, preferably with General Motors
- Experience in a parts-focused position required
- Strong understanding of consultative selling skills required
- Advanced knowledge of Car Parts and Service Systems required
- Advanced knowledge of the dealer operating report and fixed analysis tools required
- Advanced knowledge of dealership profit department’s structure and interconnectivity required
- Advanced fundamental understanding of consultative selling skills required
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of dealership service Business Development Centers required
- Ability to conduct Training & Facilitation of Meetings (dealer meetings, dealer personnel training)
- Business Acumen including Basic Automotive Technical knowledge
- Understanding Metrics and Reports
- Must be able to accept feedback, be coachable and have strong knowledge of conflict resolution
- Information Management (utilizing & interpreting appropriate reports and resources)
- Prioritization of Personnel Resources
- Strong Networking (establishing rapport with dealership & GM personnel)
- Computer, Data and Analytic Skills
- The ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis is required
- Builds Relationships
- Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically
- Drives for Results
- Problem Solving
- Demonstrates Innovation and Creativity
- Shows Initiative
- Inspires & Motivates Others to High Performance
- Immersed and active in CCA Drive to Great cultural initiative
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.