GM’s Creative Technology and Training team is seeking an NX Lead to engage with technology vendors, GMIT and Design employees to implement continuous improvement into NX. We are looking for a tech savvy employee and change agent who wants to make a positive impact in the NX space.
This position requires an employee to be onsite 2-3 days a week.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Act as expert with respect to NX features, capability, and best practices
- Support user group as expert with respect to tool capability, process, and best practices
- Support user group with troubleshooting, issue tracking, resolution communication
- Work closely with IT department to remediate production issues
- Act as liaison to CAD Joint Focus Team
- Collect customer requirements to feed IT portfolio
- Coordinate and monitor tool development/enhancements with GMIT and vendor
- Coordinate process/tool test events (UAT, Annual updates, etc.)
- Participate in software testing and evaluations
- Support implementation of process/tool updates across Global Design
- Monitor process/tool stability in production
- Lead the NX SME team
- Co-chair the NX Peer Review
- Lead NX events (UAT, Annual updates, etc.)
- Define test cases, record defects, and gain input from testers
- Available to troubleshoot and assist 3D software users with operating issues
- Develop, refine, and teach production specific digital modeling philosophies and execution approaches that are approved by the SPE DLT’s and Digital SME’s.
- Training curriculum would target both new and experienced users through a variety of peer reviews, 1-on-1 training, and shorter targeted learning workshops.
- Develop training material/documentation focused on criteria compliant, production-oriented class-A surfacing strategies, criteria interpretation, data management, and cross functional collaboration techniques.
- Publish training materials on the Digital Design Online (DDO) website for ongoing reference and global accessibility.
- Collaborate with expert class-A experienced users and incorporate knowledge into new training material.
- Actively engage in digital innovation forums to support continuous improvement discussions and training needs across the Design organization.
- Effectively navigate ambiguity within direct team and outside collaborators.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Ability to negotiate and work through conflict
- Understanding of design theory and principles
- Understanding of Design GVDP, milestones, and deliverables
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Able to connect unrelated data to solve unique software problems
- Knowledge of design software and systems as it pertains to 3D surface development
- Possesses the ability to embrace change and drive continuous improvement in the 3D space
- Four or more years’ experience in job-related area
- Understand current industry trends and workflows
- Can coordinate multiple activities at once to accomplish responsibilities
Education / Training
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Design, or equivalent job experience
- Expertise in NX
- Familiar with Rhino, Grasshopper, Alias, ZBrush, and Blender
- Familiar with HMD, VR, AR and large digital displays
- Knowledgeable of Surface evaluation techniques, tools, and release process
- Knowledgeable of GM’s Global Modeling Standards and Surface Creation
- Knowledgeable of GM's File organization - TcAE and internal file org, GDM, 2DAM
- Proficient understanding of data preparation for visualization, clay milling, and rapid prototype models
- Familiar of GM’s Criteria/DFP process/utilization and GVDP
- Knowledgeable of Surface review process
- Familiar with software testing processes