GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
- Hybrid : This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
This rotational program begins in June of 2024.
At GM, our culture is to have a "One Team" approach, where we collaborate cross functionally to achieve enterprise-wide results. This program will give you the opportunity to work with a diverse group of teams to accomplish our larger goals. In this role you will support and coordinate with multiple facets of the General Motors global portfolio by crafting and implementing timely business solutions. As a member of our team, you will play a key role in solving meaningful and important issues facing our company!
Finance - Accounting Analyst Development Rotational Program:
The Finance - Accounting Analyst Rotational Program, consists of rotations within our Accounting Controllership organization. During your program you will develop broad financial and accounting skills producing the next generation of Finance and Accounting leaders at General Motors. As an analyst you will collaborate with GM’s globally diverse organizations to assemble data, perform analyses, and present recommendations to senior GM executives.
This is a rotational program that offers assignments in high visibility areas of our Controllership (Accounting) function. Analysts rotate on average every 12 months to different accounting functions. Upon completion of the program, you will work with our leaders to join our broader Controllership team.
Your rotation program typically consists of at least one (1) project requiring sophisticated data gathering, analytical capability, and presentation skills.
Accounting rotations may include the following :
Controllership, Audit, and/or Tax. Rotations will provide candidates with the work experience necessary towards acquiring a CPA license and may include consolidating and reporting company results, analyzing transactions for appropriate accounting treatment, and serving as a strategic business partner to increase transparency, improve efficiency, shorten decision cycle times, and reinforce financial integrity and accountability.
Pursuit of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in one of the following areas: Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related fields
Graduating with a Bachelor’s degree between December 2023 and June 2024 OR if you are currently pursuing your CPA: will complete a Bachelor’s degree + additional CPA required course work or Master’s degree (total 150 hours) between December 2023 and June 2024
Available to start full time in June 2024
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications)
- Currently pursuing a CPA is preferred
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities, or service organizations
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving, Drive for Results, Decision Quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic Agility, Managerial Courage and Innovative Thinking
- Knowledge of corporate finance principles including ability to analyze balance sheets, incomes statement and cash flow and capital structure analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles or advanced accounting principles for Accounting roles
- Sophisticated Excel skills and strong modeling and financial valuation skills
Teamwork and Leadership Skills
- Can collaborate with a diverse team including cross-functional partners
- Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline decision-making
- Dives into data and corrects inconsistencies, finding and understanding root causes and drivers
- High level of integrity, accountability, and trust with ability to deal with ambiguity and take initiative
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet goals in a fast-paced environment
- For Bachelor's-level candidates, the salary for this role is $78,000 per year
- For Master's-level candidates, the salary for this role is $82,000 per year
An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance