Position requires an employee to be onsite on a full-time basis.
Factory ZERO is our first, all-electric automotive assembly plant and the blueprint of General Motors' electric future! We have a corporate vision of “Zero crashes, Zero emissions, Zero congestion.” Our most novel products like the Hummer EV and our very first autonomous vehicle, Cruise Origin will be assembled right in this facility. This requires us to employ the most upbeat, capable, and innovative talent to ensure we meet the challenges of developing the new manufacturing processes required to assemble these outstanding products!
The Paint Shop Process Engineer has responsibility for engaging in machine and plant maintenance along with process control activities in a department, group of departments, shift or plant operations. They will oversee collaborating with production/maintenance personnel, plant leadership and others outside the plant (Manufacturing Engineering, suppliers, etc.) as needed to resolve issues, implement improvements, and communicate status and opportunities, etc. This requires excellent communication, planning and organizational skills to effectively collaborate cross-functionally.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure that paint processes are maintained and running effectively for vehicle production
- Problem-solve (analyze data, determine root causes, develop implementation plans) and resolve issues which are affecting paint shop metrics and document appropriately
- Supervise all assigned indirect process personnel and production personnel
- Build and maintain working relationships with employees, union, management and suppliers
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to improve operations by reducing costs, reducing energy usage, improve quality, etc.
- Supports the design and engineering of maintenance, utility and construction projects to meet existing and projected requirements
- Provide technical support for specific plant operations
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Understand and execute PFMEA, Process Control Plans, manufacturing processes, and management systems as they relate to production operations
- Support implementation of Global Manufacturing Systems (GMS) and Business Plan Deployment (BPD) activities
- Must be willing to rotate shifts, and be available to work overtime including weekends.**
Your Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years’ of Paint Shop experience at an Automotive Manufacturing Plant/Supplier
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to interpret blueprints, engineering drawings and learn new systems
- Knowledge of Automotive Paint Process areas (PTED, Sealer, Topcoat, and Paint Mix Room)
- Proven technical and professional skills in Manufacturing/Assembly Plant
- Knowledge of tooling and Continuous Improvement and manufacturing processes
What Will Give You a Competitive Edge:
- Knowledge of Red X, Six Sigma, or other problem-solving techniques
- Experience/knowledge of GM Global Manufacturing System (GMS)
- Knowledge of Fanuc robots (P-500, P-700), PaintPro software, Versabell III