The UltraCruise team takes a significant part in transforming traditional cars into software-defined vehicles. We shape the face of the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting-edge technologies. Our automated driving AI application develops the “brain” of the autonomous vehicle by applying innovative technologies into our vehicle's Perception and Decision-Making capabilities. The group joins domains such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Sensor Fusion, Signal Processing and embedded platform development.
The UltraCruise MLOps Team develops and supports platforms and features designed to support the end-to-end lifecycle of model development in GM UltraCruise. Prior experience in the MLOps Domain is not a pre-requisite for the role.
The UltraCruise MLOps team is seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer who will develop, expand and support a new platform for our large user base of ML Engineers. This platform will build on the functionality the team has achieved to date and will cover experiment reproducibility and model lifecycle management.
We believe in hiring by potential, on the job training and development, so don’t hesitate to apply, even if you are missing some of the below listed skills.
- Design, build, and support platform capabilities with associated services and APIs used by all GM’s autonomous vehicle engineering teams.
- Collaborate with other groups either within UltraCruise or across General Motors help deliver end-to-end products and features
- Provide technical guidance to team members and be an ambassador for strong software lifecycle management
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer or in a similar role
- Experience in Full-Stack Development (React, Go, HTML, REST/GRPC base application development)
- Python Experience (Poetry, Flask, Pydantic, Design Principles, Data Structures)
- Database Experience (SQL)
- Some DevOps experience is desirable (Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, Helm, Kustomize)
- Experience in Modern Application Architecture is also desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to engage a target audience. Experience in working in a service-orientated role is an advantage.
- Must be detail orientated/articulate with strong time management and organizational skills.
Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time, but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week ls.