General Motors has needs for qualified Die Welder Journeypersons. Working under minimal supervision, the skilled trades Die Welder Journeyperson is responsible for repairing, remodeling, and maintaining all types of dies/fixtures using various types of materials.
- Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
- Fabricate and/or repair dies for production while performing required welding using MIG, TIG, and ARC welding processes
- Read blueprints to perform die repair/fabrication
- Perform die repair, using mills, lathes and grinders as well as hand tools
- Make in-press repairs of dies/tooling
- Utilize measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, to repair/fabricate dies
- Drive a hi-lo and/or operate overhead crane to transport dies as well as other heavy equipment
- Document and create weld maps when required
- Basic computer skills
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- At least six (6) years of related experience as a Die Welder or a U.S Department of Labor Certificate of Completion in the Die Welder trade.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includes comprehensive assessments, drug testing, and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours daily, weekends and holidays on those shifts with little notice.
- GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU NEED OR WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP TO WORK OR TO REMAIN EMPLOYED AT GM (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.).
- If you are a current GM employee operating under a collective bargaining agreement, please contact your local HR/LR for employee placement opportunities.
- This position may be filled with a Journeyperson or Journeyperson In Training, the compensation ranges for a JIT include ($31.01) or Journeyperson rate of $36.94. Certificates/credentials and scoring in interview will determine your status and pay.
General Motors UAW hourly employment offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package. An annual incentive payout is also available, as qualified.
Relocation and travel expenses will be the responsibility of the applicant. US DOL does not have a “Die Welder” certificate. Is this line still applicable for this posting?