Our electric future is now! Our Battery Cell manufacturing facility is committed to using the most technologically advanced methods in the industry to produce the very best of those battery cells. This requires us to employ the most energetic, forward thinking and diverse talent to ensure we meet the challenges of developing the new manufacturing processes required within our cutting-edge facilities. We offer a progressive and inclusive work environment that questions the status-quo daily to strengthen our reputation of being an incubator for new battery cell manufacturing processes and automation. We value community outreach and have a strong presence in our neighborhoods.
Selected candidates will have the opportunity to learn new skills as well as influencing the development of battery cell manufacturing processes to support this historical and game-changing progression to battery electric propulsion.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day Quality Operations at the facility and coordinate activities within or across plant departments.
- Achieve Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, Cost, and Environmental metrics and achieve budget goals.
- Lead through teaching GMS operating requirements and serve as GMS BIQ Principal Lead for regional GMS activities.
- Work closely with other departments within and outside of the manufacturing production team (Product Engineering, Program Quality) and maintain strong relationships with other plants and external customers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to company policies and procedures. Comply with the terms of local and national labor agreements.
- Uphold GM’s vision, values, and cultural behaviors
- Develop new products, processes, standards, or operational plans in support of the organization's business strategies with a direct impact on business results.
- Influence others within the organization to accept new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- May include identifying problems, updating or modifying working methods that may be complex in their work area without the benefit of defined procedure.
- Promote GM's values and makes customer-focused decisions
Additional Job Description:
Support the production floor and Quality Group to ensure the quality system. This will include lead problem solving activities, risk reductions (PFMEA), scrap reduction, material disposition, capability monitoring, TIP (Throughput Improvement Process ), assist with PPAP and PPAP records, Customer relations, develop and maintain quality standards and documents, internal quality audits, and member of the Product Development Team.
- FlexNet (part tracking)
- Feed forward and feed back
- 2 yrs. Manufacturing / Quality Engineering Experience