Type Approval/Certification Deliverables:
- Plan and execute type approval/certification activities for GM China imported vehicles
- Communicate annual type approval/certification timing requirements to stakeholders based on vehicle content/regulatory changes.
- Streamline witness testing to reduce costs and minimize impact to test facilities via negotiation with technical agency authorities (propose ideas to reduce number of physical tests).
- Maintain/refine documentation database and templates with the latest information to support first time quality type approval/certification effort.
- Coordinate and lead all GM-based witness testing for assigned programs.
- Support the development/refinement of GM’s in-house test procedures, based on assigned regulations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Familiarity with export/global regulatory requirements.
- Familiarity with export market certification requirements.
- Comprehension of technical engineering, legal and political sides of issues.
- Negotiating skills; must be both persuasive and diplomatic in technical, legal and political settings.
- Proficiency in oral/written communications; when communicating with external 3rd parties, particularly government authorities, to integrate all knowledge and skills to present a best possible case on behalf of GM.
- Ability to organize and conduct meetings effectively.
- High level of independent judgment, accuracy, creativity and initiative.
- Ability to quickly identify, evaluate, summarize and elevate items requiring higher-level leadership attention.
- Strong demonstration of commitment to teamwork and partnerships internal to GM.
- Comfortable with dealing with ambiguous and unpredictable situations.
- Ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to travel occasionally on relatively short notice.
- Cultural acuity.
- Over 5 years’ experience of automobile related industry. Have experience of automobile type approval is preferred. Working for imported vehicle type approval is a plus.
- Knowledge of export/global regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of export market certification requirements.
- Financial acuity.
- Regulatory/Certification Engineer, Design Release Engineer or Validation experience.
- Familiarity with assembly plant processes.