As the Head of Product for our Global Innovation Team, you will be at the forefront of driving our company's product strategy, envisioning, and realizing innovative solutions that delight our customers, and disrupting the industry. You will lead and inspire a team of talented individuals, including Engineering and UX/UI leads, to bring your vision to life. Your ability to align technical capabilities with user needs and market trends will be pivotal in guiding the development of groundbreaking products.
Product Strategy and Vision: Define and communicate a clear product vision and strategy that aligns with testing the hypothesis with customers. Decide if the MVP (Minimum Viable Product) should commercialize to an integrated product or requires a pivot.
Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of engineers and designers. Foster a collaborative and high-performing culture that encourages creativity, open communication, and continuous learning. Work closely with the Engineering Lead and UX/UI Lead to align technical feasibility, user experience, and design aesthetics.
Product Requirements: Provide detailed Product Requirement Documents (PRD’s) for the engineering team, write feature and user stories that can be broken down into executable tasks. Define measurable criteria for testing and success. Provide a clear definition of done.
Collaboration and Integration: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams across GM (General Motors) to move the product development from MVP to production and enable the product to be fully integrated into GM’s core offerings.
Product Roadmapping: Develop and keep a comprehensive product roadmap that outlines the timeline, milestones, and priorities for product development. Ensure alignment with business goals and customer needs.
User-Centric Design: Champion user-centered design principles, leveraging user research, feedback, and data to drive product decisions. Ensure that the end products deliver exceptional user experiences that exceed customer expectations.
Innovation and Experimentation: Lead a culture of experimentation and innovation within the team. Promote a willingness to take calculated risks and explore new ideas to drive product differentiation and disruption.
Market Analysis: Conduct thorough market analysis, including competitive assessments, to find gaps and opportunities for innovation. Use insights to make informed decisions about product direction.
Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders, including executive leadership, to present product strategies, updates, and progress. Effectively communicate the value of the innovation team's initiatives.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field; MBA is a plus.
- Proven experience 3+ years in product management, preferably in a technology-driven innovation environment.
- 3+ years of writing Epics, Features and User Stories for Agile Teams.
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of building and managing high-performing teams.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and the ability to translate complex ideas into actionable requirements.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and experience collaborating closely with UX/UI teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels.
- Solid grasp of emerging technologies, industry trends, and market dynamics.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to make informed decisions.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and product lifecycle management.
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and bring disruptive products to market.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Compensation: The expected base compensation for this role is : $167,000 - $255,400 . Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays.