In this software development role, you will be responsible for developing software applications using sound, repeatable, industry standard methodologies. You will have the opportunity to work hands-on writing software or solutions, based on detailed requirements and system specifications. Development activities will include updating existing software and/or developing new software solutions to address a specific need or solve a particular business problem. Additionally, you will drive development activities in accordance with appropriate methodologies and application of a repeatable, systematic, and quantifiable approach to the development process. You will coach/mentor software developers and will review the software being developed. This role will also collaborate closely with architects and/or data scientists to ensure code alignment with design patterns/frameworks.
- Demonstrate mastery of many programming languages, tools and/or technologies
- Performance tuning, usability assessment/improvement
- Integrate software with existing software/systems
- Automates unit/end-to-end testing of software systems within their domain, focused on software quality and maintainability
- Strong Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems. Dedicatedly engage in the remediation of software issues related to code/solutions quality and/or security
- Provides guidance and mentoring of fellow software developers and other team members
- Possess technical writing knowledge around system design specification and user documentation of software systems and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards
- Understand and maintain compliance with GM standards and industry standard methodology
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and builds a winning culture.
- The Software Developer will work hands-on designing and writing code based on detailed requirements and system specifications.
- Developers will specialize in development of software packaging and coding languages.
- Development activities will include updating existing software and/or developing new to address a specific engineering need or to solve a particular business problem.
- Full lifecycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
- Coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Document software code and ensure that technical documentation i.e., configuration guides, install guides meet requirements
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement localization or globalization of software
- Work closely with senior developers and software engineers to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
- Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code/configuration
- Automates testing processes by developing unit test scripts, as needed Minimum
- Minimum 7 years of professional software development experience
- Working knowledge of Application Engineering using various distribution tools such as Microsoft Configuration Manager, JAMF (Mac Platform), ASIS (TCWS Environment), BigFix (Manufacturing Environment) and Microsoft Intune (for Verified/Zero Trust).
- Develop and maintain internal C# and PowerShell tools for end- to end Application Engineering across multiple environments.
- Programmatically perform read/write operations on SharePoint sites.
- Engineer and deploy applications across GMOL, TCWS, Verified Trust, and other environments.
- Perform code reviews on other developers' pull requests.
- Create and maintain documentation for tools usage and engineering processes.
- Troubleshoot application and tools issues.
- Design CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps.
- 3+ years PowerShell, C# (especially WPF), SCCM, Git.
- 2+ year Intune, Azure DevOps, SharePoint.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Compensation: The expected base compensation for this role is : $90,200 - $144,100 . Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays.