- In this role, you will be given the opportunity to engage in advanced technology work to evaluate various strategies for consideration in GM’s automotive security roadmap.
- You will also be given the opportunity to work cross-functionally with many GM business units to enable the success of vehicle development, manufacturing, and serviceability.
- The SW Architect will lead in a progressive technical position responsible for continued execution of GM’s product SW Architecture design and its evolution through technological advancements to ensure GM remains ahead of the adversary.
- The SW Architect (specialist) will own and define the entire SW requirement associate with BSW and diagnostic specialist, and guide the implementation across internal and external architecture and system teams.
- Lead the System-SW health strategy for the L2++/L2 Domain. Including the ADCU Chip internal and among Chips level.
- Taking the ownership of SW platform architecture and solution, create new/or refine existing requirements independently in AD/ADAS field.
- Lead the System-SW failure Mode and Effect analysis for the failure action design: major for Fault management design.
- Lead the specific fault monitor architecture solution for the L2++/L2 system & SW stability. Including the function and safety diagnostic architecture from function, BSW and HW level.
- Support the specific SW architecture solution for the L2++/L2 function achievement. Such as: Feature Application layer and algorithm extraction layer.
- Support the specific SW architecture solution for the L2++/L2 Infrastructure achievement. Such as: BSW, Middleware, OS, Drivers SW architecture.
- Responsible for the risk and status identification and report for the specific SW architecture item
- Lead risk assessments on deviations from requirements
- Support both internal and external Integration and Verification teams for trouble shooting and refine the architecture and requirement as needed
- Support the workstream lead for the task breakdown, assignment and plan definition.
- Professional experience with proven technical and professional skills in job-related area required, including embedded controls/software development
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR standards and methodology
- Familiar different OS environment (QNX, Linux, Android…)
- Knowledge and experience for SW quality, and function safety solution design in SW field, while familiar with the failure mode of the function, BSW, Middleware, OS and platform.
- Knowledge and experience with SFMEA|DFMEA analysis and design experience with AD/ADAS system .
- Deep knowledge with the function safety architecture design with concept of EGAS, fail-safe, fail-operational, fail-silent, MooN.
- Familiar with the fault catalog and degradation strategy of AD/ADAS domain for the L2 and L2++ function with knowledge of ISO26262
- Master Degree or above in Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or equivalent majors.
- 6+ years of experience in AD/ADAS software architecture development (bonus experience of Infotainment area)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, Exhibits appropriate interpersonal skills to work effectively with stakeholder cross functionally to meet mutual goals
- High level of oral and written communication skills in English
- International or global OEM/supplier work background is preferred