Sponsorship: GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Work Arrangement: Hybrid: Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week.
GM Ventures, LLC, headquartered in Warren, MI, was formed in 2010 as the Corporate Venture Capital (CVC) arm of General Motors, LLC. GM Ventures’ primary mission is to identify and fund early-stage startup companies that will accelerate the introduction of innovative technologies and improve GM’s competitiveness. GM Ventures is focusing on investments in the Electrification Eco-System, Connecting the Customer, Autonomous Experience and Digital Enterprise and other technologies as required. A small, dedicated team is currently evaluating hundreds of companies with a dedicated source of capital to invest. We are committed to quality in the services we provide and, in the people that join our team. We are seeking an intern who is ready to jump in and help our top tier venture team.
What You’ll Do:
- Support investment team with new start-up leads that align with the values and investment themes of GM Ventures
- Track industry trends and perform comprehensive competitive mapping for industry verticals
- Contribute to deal evaluation and investment memo preparation by:
- Gathering information from the target company and industry experts
- Researching and talking to existing references and customers of the target company
- Researching potential competitors to the target company
- Researching and talking with internal GM SMEs to evaluate the target company’s technology and develop business case
- Support fund activities including but not limited to the following: building compelling data driven presentations; assisting portfolio companies; and promoting GM Ventures both internally and externally
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications):
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program (graduating by Spring of 2027) or Master's program (graduating by Spring of 2025) with a focus in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or Data Analytics.
What Will Give You the Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications):
- Passionate about problem solving and driving disruptive innovation
- Strong analytical, research, and critical thinking skills
- Able to deal with a significant amount of ambiguity
- Strong curiosity about facing challenges head-on
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work both independently, as well as within a team
The salary range for this role is $3500-$6300, dependent upon class status and degree.
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to eligible students selected for the 2024 Student Program.
Benefit options are not available for this role.