Sponsorship: GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.) NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
Hybrid: Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week.
Sustainable Workplaces is charging ahead with a new mission! As part of our exciting program, you’ll gain first-hand experience working closely with leadership to support the full life cycle of facility services including site selection, design and construction of manufacturing and office facilities. You will have an opportunity to explore construction management, civil engineering as well as structural engineering. Project management will focus on all components required to execute site work such as managing contracts, safety, timing and quality. Civil engineering will focus on site development, storm water management, and traffic flows. While the structural tract will focus on steel and concrete design and repair. The tracts will rely heavily on the use emerging technologies such as 3d design, reality capture, and emerging BIM software packages. There’s never been a more exciting time to join the Sustainable Workplaces team!
- Pursuit of a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Must be graduating between December 2024 or later
- Ability work fulltime, 40 hours per week during the summer months
What will give you competitive edge (Preferred Qualifications):
- Demonstrate leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities and/or service organizations
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with coworkers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking and problem-solving skills that is customer-centric
Student Stipend: GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to eligible students selected for the 2024 Student Program.
Pay: The salary range for this role is 4,000-4,900, dependent upon class status and degree.
Benefits: Benefit options are not available for this role.