Our Chief Data & Analytics Office(CDAO) enables GM to harness the power of data & analytics to make informed business decisions that drive results
The researchers of the Analytics Research team at General Motors Chief Data & Analytics Office help solve the most challenging problems related to GM’s ambitious goal of building a safer, better, and more sustainable world with zero crashes, zero emissions, and zero congestion.
Our focus areas include customer insight analytics, marketing analytics, revenue management, quality, safety, future mobility, customer care and aftersales, supply chain, etc.
Our team employs talents with diverse background in Operations Research, Management Science, Applied Statistics, Econometrics, Applied Mathematics, Product Development, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Engineering.
We are looking for highly motivated students with excellent skills in modeling, analysis, simulation, and optimization of complex, dynamic, stochastic systems.
You will collaborate and exchange ideas with top research scientists in the field; and work on cutting edge research that pushes the state of the art and have an opportunity to test your findings on complex real-world problems.
- Current PhD students in a quantitative field including: Operations Research, Management Science, Transportation Research, Applied Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Data Science, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Familiar with probability theory, mathematical models, and optimization and simulation methods
- Good programming skills and familiar with modeling languages such as Python, R
- Excellent team player and communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills
- Quickly learns and adapts skills to work on projects in and with different technical areas
- Self-starter and able to work independently on projects with minimal guidance
- Great work ethic
- Former experience with big data cleaning and processing, and familiar with SQL query language.
- Familiar with C/C++, TensorFlow, GPU/parallel programming, or Simio simulation software.
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The Start date for these internships’ roles are for May & June of 2022 Spring/Summer Internship
The median salary range for this position in Colorado is $6800. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law.
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2022
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.