The Strategy & Innovation Team at General Motors identifies and nurtures strategies that accelerate GM enterprise transformation. S&I is home to the company’s Corporate Strategy, Data & Analytics, and the Global Innovation incubator organization. The goal of the Global Innovation team is to foster innovation across the GM ecosystem, collaborate with cross-functional teams and grow new start up business opportunities. We are working to enter new markets, attract new customers and diversify GM’s revenue streams!
About the Internship:
- Lead a project(s) and present strategy, findings, and recommendation to Global Innovation leadership: projects will range from early product framing to go-to-market strategy for new or existing business opportunities
- Conduct market research and market analysis determining TAM, SAM, SOM
- Assess competitor positioning and landscape of strategic opportunities
- Identify customer insights and conduct validation through empathy interviews
- Create business cases, financial models and identify commercialization strategies
- Collaborate with our cross functional partners including IT, Engineering, R&D, Marketing, Finance, etc. to develop roadmaps, timelines, and other plan development tools.
- 1 Year into MBA Program with a focus on Business
- Must graduate between December 2023 - June 2025
- 2+ years of Strategy, Business Development, Entrepreneurship or Automotive Experience
- Experience with automotive or related field
- Relationship builder with ability to listen well and engage others
- Ability to work comfortably with ambiguity and in new spaces
- Self-directed/ Self-Starter work ethic
- Experience in gathering customer insights & human centered Design Thinking principles
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Natural tendency to be curious, positive, and creative with a strong drive to innovate, invent and disrupt
- Computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2023 Student Program. Benefits are not provided for this role.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
The start date for these Internship roles are for May & June of 2023 Spring/Summer Internship.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.