The world has changed, and we need your help to change it for the better! The General Motors BrightDrop team is tasked with developing and commercializing smarter ways to deliver goods and decarbonize the last mile. This includes zero emission solutions that will reduce congestion in cities and improve safety, developed in an exciting fast-paced environment backed by the strength of a global automotive leader.
This is a unique opportunity to innovate and scale sustainable solutions to address the world’s mobility challenges. We seek passionate and experienced individuals - come join us and let’s innovate! To learn more about how we’re building smarter ways to deliver goods and services please go to https://www.gobrightdrop.com/.
About the Internship:
- Own your individual study of a core strategy and/or inorganic opportunity for BrightDrop, leading the analysis and the creation of presentations and other deliverables
- Work cross-functionally with the Strategy and Corporate Development teams at BrightDrop and within General Motors to evaluate new opportunities, including market sizing, competitive analysis, and capability assessments
- Collaborate with our cross functional partners including Sales, Product, Engineering, and Finance to pressure-test your findings and recommendation
- Currently pursuing a MBA
- Must be graduating between December 2023-June 2025
- Relationship builder with ability to listen well and engage others
- Ability to work comfortably with ambiguity and in new spaces
- Self-directed/ Self-Starter work ethic
- Computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience in gathering customer insights & human-centered Design Thinking principles
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
This position has a planned start date of May/June 2023.
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
- Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
The median level of the monthly salary compensation for this role is $4000-$6700, dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role.
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2023 Student Program.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.